Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Desktop Software installs but then fails to open

Purchased BlackBerry today.

BlackBerry Desktop Software installs from distribution disc but then fails to open. Can see it in Windows Task Manager>Processes, as follows:

Windows Task Manager>Processes  

Image Name: DesktopMge.exe CPU: 00 Mem Usage: 7,764 K

Windows Task Manager>Applications

Not listed!

I UNISTALLED previous installation of BlackBerry Desktop Software, including user settings.

Downloaded and installed the installation file for BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.7, “470_b050_english.exe”, but with same result. Uninstalled it, too.

As suggest elsewhere in this forum, I made directory as follows: C:\INSTALL\Blackberry

Then extracted the downloaded installation file for BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.7, “470_b050_english.exe”, into it.

Then started installation by clicking on “BlackBerrySetup.exe”.

However, the result is the same, as described above. BlackBerry Desktop Software installs but then fails to open.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make this software work.

Is there alternative software available?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software installs but then fails to open

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

and then install the Desktop Manager as administrator.
and use it as administrator too.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software installs but then fails to open

I have the answer to my own question. There was a software conflict with Nortel VPN. I uninstalled Nortel VPN, which I no longer require, and the problem disappeared.