Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-25-2013 06:15 AM
I have created a BlackBerry ID (linked to a valid email address) and I have my password.....
However, every single time I want to log into the above, it KEEPS on giving me a message "An error has occurred. Please try again later."
I have changed/reset my password (a zillion times), writing the passwords done - to make sure that I have the correct one. But STILL!!! It just doesn't allow me to log in.
1. I DO NOT have a back-up on my phone's information (contact details etc.) linked to my laptop.
2. I can NEVER update app's or download new app's from the BB App World.
I have tried BUT everything for the last 4 months already and this is extremely frustrating..... with NO success.
SOS!!!! Please HELP!!
04-25-2013 06:32 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
So you're trying to setup BlackBerry ID on your device ! Can you confirm if you have BlackBerry Data Plan in your account from your Carrier Vodacom ?
let us know.
04-25-2013 08:02 AM
On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the status ?
04-25-2013 08:28 AM
That Good !
OK , On your BlackBerry smartphone can you check if you have set the correct date, time, and time zone ? To do that :
For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry Device Software 6.0:
1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Display > Date and Time >set the Update Time field to Automatic.
2. Press the Menu key, and select Update Time
3. Press the Menu key, and select Save
04-25-2013 08:40 AM
Now reboot your device by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then reinsert it back . After reboot :
Register your Handheld .
Then try to enter your BlackBerry ID on your device .
KB24062 : How to Create a BlackBerry ID
04-25-2013 09:38 AM
1. I did the "power off" thing.
2. I registered the BlackBerry. The "Hosting Routing Table" had a few options.......I was not sure which one to pick - so I chose "GPRS ZA (655) (65500130)". However, there are about 4-5 different options. Even a Wi-Fi option.
3. I tried with MUCH difficulty to "create" a BBID. NO SUCCESS!!! Cause it says that one already exist (it is obviously picking up my username - which is my e-mail address). So I went to check my BBID - and, jip!!!! Its me!!! - there was however no "first name & last name" entered. So I updated my profile. But that is optional information, it is not really needed.