Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

'BlackBerry ID Installation failed. Please try again later. (80002) ' - BlackBerry World won't work

[ Edited ]

I bought a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and downloaded Blackberry World. when it finshed downloading i opened it up and it came up with a instruction saying that 'App world requires the latest version of BlackBerry ID' two options also came up saying 'close' and 'update'.  I clicked 'Update' and a new message came up saying 'Sorry, the software update server is unavaliable. Please try again.' I click 'Retry' but nothing happens so I click 'Close', Then another message comes up saying 'BlackBerry ID Installation failed. Please try again later. (80002) ' i try again and nothing happens. Can you please help me, i don't know what's happening and this problem is distressing me. 

thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: 'BlackBerry ID Installation failed. Please try again later. (80002) ' - BlackBerry World won't work

Try to be connected to a wireless network so you can install the application and synchronize information faster, and when you are connected to a wifi proceeds to download the blackberry ID.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 'BlackBerry ID Installation failed. Please try again later. (80002) ' - BlackBerry World won't work

killingmydream wrote:

I bought a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and downloaded Blackberry World. when it finshed downloading i opened it up and it came up with a instruction saying that 'App world requires the latest version of BlackBerry ID' two options also came up saying 'close' and 'update'.  I clicked 'Update' and a new message came up saying 'Sorry, the software update server is unavaliable. Please try again.' I click 'Retry' but nothing happens so I click 'Close', Then another message comes up saying 'BlackBerry ID Installation failed. Please try again later. (80002) ' i try again and nothing happens. Can you please help me, i don't know what's happening and this problem is distressing me. 

Hi there,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You can also try this Knowledge Base to resolve your issue with this error :

KB29613 : The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

Or head over to this thread and try those suggestion :  App World latest version of Blackberry ID update

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

For Workaround 2 what does ' within the APN field, Enter Internet.' mean?

New Contributor

Thank you so much, Workaround 2 helped! 

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey killingmydream

You are most welcome ... Enjoy Smiley Happy

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: udate I'd

[ Edited ]

I bought a BlackBerry Bold 9780 and downloaded Blackberry World. when it finshed downloading i opened it up and it came up with a instruction saying that 'App world requires the latest version of BlackBerry ID' two options also came up saying 'close' and 'update'.  I clicked 'Update' and a new message came up saying 'Sorry, the software update server is unavaliable. Please try again.' I click 'Retry' but nothing happens so I click 'Close', Then another message comes up saying 'BlackBerry ID Installation failed. Please try again later. (80002) ' i try again and nothing happens. Can you please help me, i don't know what's happening and this problem is distressing me. 
[removed personal information]
thank you

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

What is workaround 2.....plz explain...