Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: MTN

BlackBerry ID Username

Hi There,

How do I reset my BlackBerry ID Username to point to my current device?

Whenever I try to log in I get the following error message " The username and password provided do not correspond to a valid BlackBerry ID."

Regards,

Moepi

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: BlackBerry ID Username

Hi Moepi,

Are you sure you're putting the correct BlackBerry ID?

On Device Press Menu (BB Key) > Maximize Panel > Options Icon > Device > BlackBerry ID, here you will get your BlackBerry ID details.

Hope this will help you..!!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

In addition to the info provided by unleashurself, make sure you're entering the email address you used when you set up your BlackBerry ID (not the screen name) as the username for BlackBerry ID is an email address. Also note that you may simply be entering the wrong password. You can try to reset your password on your device if needed, or by going to https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login on your computer and then click on the "Forgot Password" link.

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for the speedy responses. My problem is that it looks like I have my email address associated with another device. I have two devices and they both have the same email address.

How do I reset this to point to one device and I have done a password reset.

Regards,

Moepi

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

To switch the BlackBerry ID on a device, you will need to perform a security wipe on the device. Start by backing up your data using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, then go to Options > Security > Security Wipe on the device and choose the option to delete the user data. Follow the instructions on screen to complete the wipe. Once its complete, you will be prompted to enter your BlackBerry ID info or create a new BlackBerry ID. Create the new BlackBerry ID then once you're back up and running, restore your device data using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thanks, will try this option tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Moepi