Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: SK telecom

BlackBerry ID confirmation problem

Hi Everyone,

I bought BlackBerry 9900 today and registered the blackberry ID and password right after I've got it.

And I set up and align the personal email to the blackberry. After I did this work, I've wanted to change the password of ID and user name(Korean language to English) and accomplished it. So I canceled the ID register and re-register with same ID and changed pw, user name. After that, I was trying to register another email alignment and download applications.  However, everytime I click the tab and enter the ID and password, there is pop-up as follow and I cannot do other email alignment and download of any applications.

'Please enter your user name associated with this smartphone.'

How can I resolve this problem? Please help me~!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry ID confirmation problem

Hello victoria01 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone and the BlackBerry® ID.

With the new BlackBerry 7, when you log in with the BlackBerry® ID at set up, that ID becomes associated to the device. 

For more information on this, see KB28429 "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone.

If you wish to change the associated ID permanently, then you would need to backup your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and do a security wipe as shown in KB14058 How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option then use the newly created BlackBerry® ID when you go through the set up process. You can then restore your full backup file once the new ID has been registered.

Hope this answers your question.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: C.A.

It is so boring I don't knoe how to confirm blackberry I'd
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

RithikShah wrote:
It is so boring I don't knoe how to confirm blackberry I'd

Hi RithikShah

Are you getting any error message on your BlackBerry ?

Meanwhile, read this Knowledge Base on how to confirm a BlackBerry ID :

KB28684 : How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.