Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: MTN-SA

BlackBerry ID issue

Hi,

I have had a registered BlackBerry ID for the last few years, and it has just recently stopped working after App World prompted me to download the new BlackBerry ID. Fine, I accepted this and tried to register a new ID with the same email address, and all I get is errors and notifications saying that it cannot be done.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, and if this is the case, please assist as at the moment I am not able to use App World at all.

Thanks,
Aidan
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry ID issue

Have a look at KB24127 which will help you reset your BlackBerry ID.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 9810 Torch
My Carrier: ATT

My BB Torch 9800 does the exact same thing.

I can't access the App world from within my BB.

I like it back when it would just ask me to enter my password for when I first connect to the App world and when I download/update an app.

The KB noted in your post isn't my problem as I can access the Blackberry App world and my BB phone as it needs this email/password to access.  I have been using this email with this BB since I started out with the Bold when the Bold came out.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: MTN-SA

Yeah , in my case it isn't a forgotten password. My account was registered to the email addess aidan.corbet@gmail.com, and it is not accepting this. When I click forgot email and enter this email address, it just gives me another error!
Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I also had an issue with the new Blackberry ID download.

After installing the download, appworld asked if I wanted to associate my Torch pin with the BB ID I had been using previously on my torch. This was already the case before downloading the new Blackberry ID.  I have used the same BB ID for both my playbook and Torch. Now on my Torch, My World doesn't show any of the apps I currently have installed on my Torch. The Uninstalled apps list shows all the apps installed on my playbook.

What happened?