Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Internet Service: not connected

Hello. I've just got my first BlackBerry, the Curve 9300 3G on 3. (uk) However, no apps, such as Windows Live Messenger, Blackberry messenger, or facebook work. I can browse the internet fine, through wifi and 3g, but I can't connect with apps. Then I saw that my BlackBerry Internet Service was not connected

The deal I got was 500mb of internet each month, but i've read that you need a Blackberry data plan to use apps... have I been ripped off here? or is there something I need to do? I really hope I didn't sign up for this and i'm not going to be able to use apps, as i'm in a 24 month contract. Smiley Sad

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Internet Service: not connected

Hiya!

Do you know if you have a valid "Blackberry" data plan? This would be required to access the BIS network and allow you to setup personal email, use BBM and the like.

A generic data plan will not suffice.

If you are unsure, feel free to contact your carrier and make sure it is BIS specific.

If it is BIS specific, try Options>Advance Options> Host Routing Table> Press "menu"> Register Now.

Then setup your personal email via the setup wizard.

See if that gets it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply! Smiley Happy Well... I have no idea, the blackberry came free with this deal at the carphone warehouse, so one would assume it does, but I can't be certain. I will contact my carrier tomorrow.

I have tried to do that, but nothing happened... 

If I don't have a BIS specific plan, I don't suppose there is any way to get it, as I am already in the contract? Thank you very much for you help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Unless your carrier operates differently than any other I have encountered.. you can add it.

Its just a Bolt-On Data plan thats specific to the Blackberry. So you would add it like you would any other feature. Depending on your carrier, if they have an online account maintenance, you may be able to add it there aswell.

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi xkarloox,

If you find you are still having problems after contacting your carrier, you can send me your PIN via Private Message and I can verfiy you have the correct provisioning for your BlackBerry Smiley Happy

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thank you, I will contact my carrier and see what they have to say on the matter. Smiley Happy

My Device: blackberry curve 9300 RDB71UW
My Carrier: Three

having the exact same problem, I tell you its the dam 3 network im starting to believe they are the worse ones out there lol im gutted as i paid for my handset seperately just to have the blackberry

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

hello im having problems on orange my blackberry internet isnt connected and i cant change my default config browser from hotspot can someone help me please im not on contract 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fonic

Hi!

I just have the same problem with my blackberry. After calling my carrier (Fonic Germany) they told me they cannot connect me to the Blackberry Internet Service... they actually had no idea what was I talking about!

Is there anyway I can connect my Blackberry to the service without the help of my carrier?

Thanks in advance!

Cervezaduff

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: os5

do anyone can help me on this? i have the same problem..
can you help me...i'm suffering this problems about 1 month...
and i can't take it any more...PLEASE HELP ME!