03-16-2009 07:11 PM - edited 03-16-2009 07:13 PM
03-17-2009 06:11 AM
We now seem to be having no further problems with the sync between a Curve 8900 and a MacBook. Using Pocket Mac there are a few things which need to be addressed in order to get going - here's the list as far as I'm aware.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of i-Tunes loaded. (Don't ask me why!!!)
2. Click on the Blackberry symbol (device symbol) and check the following: Open each tab, contacts, calendar etc. and check the box that says overwrite device (this will wipe any entries on your device in each of the relevant programmes so make sure you have a note on your computer or that it's all in your computer - it should end up on your device).
3. Open the connection tab. Make sure that your user name and password are entered as in your computer and check the box enabling the device to open the connection. THIS was one thing that completely foxed us at first, not realising the function was there, and having no proper warning that it wasn't working - we just got "ERROR 4"
4. You should to reboot the computer before connecting the device. Connect it then press sync and you should be away.
5. After a first succesful sync you may want to go to each of the relevant boxes and check "two-way sync", also allowing under e-mail, the two devices to copy replies and e-mails sent from your Blackberry to you computer for easy reference.
6. A further problem recently encountered when trying to sync was solved by making sure the Blackberry was unlocked before syncing.
Best of luck - it's satisfying when it works - if it stops I'll be back!
04-19-2009 09:04 PM
Mark, I'm not tracking this. New user (8220) and all, on my 2 week test-drive with T-Mobile, and really, really want to sync calendar and contacts on the Mac. I don't want a data package and T-Mobile was the only service where I could get a Pearl for free without it.
Anyhoo, when you talk about finding the BB device signal, clicking on a tab, etc., are you talking about doing it on a program in your Mac? On the BB? I can't even get the PocketMac program to open on my Mac. I've been posting all over the forum and it seems that noone (except you) has figured out how to sync with a Mac.
Everything else about this phone is swell, and despite my Macophilia it suits me better than an iphone. Except for this.
04-20-2009 12:22 PM
I have BB Curve. I was able to sink it to my PC and for awhile with my Mac. Recently I have not been able to sync to the Mac (I only sync the Address book and the Ical).
I tried everything I could read about the sync process including reinstalling the SW several times.
Well I finally got it to work. I had the USB cable plugged into a port expander which does charge the BB and does connect to the BB (I get the connection image on the BB). I remembered that I installed the port expander before I noticed the problem. I had a brain wave that I should try another USB jack.
I plugged it into the other jack on the Mac KB and I'm able to sync. Albeit I still have some minor issues due to all the screwing around I did to try and get it to work. ( I use this USB jack for flashdrives).
Don't know why. This has been a real PIA and the BB support is really lacking. I would not have gone the BB route if I had known how poor the support from RIM really is.
Hope this helps other out.
04-26-2009 01:28 PM
Thanks for the hope MarkB. When you have time I would love to hear the solution.
I have a BB 8330 that replaces my sadly out of date Centro. I am trying hard to transfer my data. So far I got to send my contacts to Entourage and then mobile me and now am trying to use Pocketmac to put the .mac data into the BB.
Like for others, Pocketmac freezes halfway through.
I was trying to stay with Verizon, but realize that iPhone may be the only answer.
04-26-2009 02:38 PM
04-26-2009 03:31 PM
So thanks MarkB I used your tips and was able to sync many of my addresses, some double or even triple copied and some with the accompanying addresses, but many without the accompanying addresses.
I will try the calendar items next.
After the Pocket Mac completed it's (long) sync, it then would not respond so I had to force quit it and then restart.
04-27-2009 06:35 AM
04-27-2009 06:37 AM