Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Orange

BlackBerry Mess wont vibrate

I have the 8530 and im on Orange.

My Blackberry messnger is called Blackberry PIN and when ever i get a new message i dont get vibration, All of my friends who have the blackberry 8530 receive a vibrate when they receive a message.

I also dont get the PING Sound,

Can anyone help?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BlackBerry Mess wont vibrate

You need to set the new message tone from the profiles of a BlackBerry device. To do so -

1. go to Profiles -> Edit profiles
  2. choose Active Profile -> click Menu and select Edit
  3. Instant Messages
  4. BlackBerry Messenger New Message -> click Menu and select Edit
  5. Ring Tone: choose desired tone
  6. Volume: choose desired one
  7. Vibration: On

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BlackBerry Mess wont vibrate

I found this online;

"i have the answer for you Smiley Happy My husbands was doing the same thing. Anyway click on the large logo in the main screen that looks like a speaker. click that. then when it opens click scroll all the way down and you will see Set Ring Tones/Alerts. click that, then click the Instant Messages selection. that opens up to 3 choices: blackberry Messenger Alert Blackberry Messenger groups and Blackberry Messenger New Message (click the on the last one Blackberry Messenger New Message, the next screen will have lors of options: ring tone volume VIBRATION - make sure it is selected ON (not off) and that should solve the problem Smiley Happy you will see here you can customize everything here for notifying etc. but that is the basic of how to get thephone to buzz with a new bbm message Smiley Happy"