Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-11-2013 07:50 PM
Just got the blackberry bold 9900. Installed BBM, than I accepted the things it said, than it says "Associating BBM with your BlackBerry ID" and it's been there for a few hours.. everyone else that I've talked to said theirs worked fine. What is wrong with mine?? I've done a battery pull multiple times! Anything else that may fix this problem???
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-12-2013 03:17 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
In order to use BBM on our device we need BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on our account from our Carrier or Mobile service provider , if you don't have that then activate BIS on your account it will fix the issue you are currently having with BBM.
But if you already have BIS then first try to do those steps over any wifi network .If issue continues then try those steps and see if that helps :
1. First Uninstall BlackBerry Messenger from Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list. Then restart your device by removing the Battery while your device is Powered ON .
2. From a PC reset your BlackBerry ID password .
KB26361 : How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.
3. Reboot your device again and login with your new BlackBerry ID password on your device.
4. Finally from your BlackBerry browse browse or Click here www.blackberry.com/bbm to download the most recent version of BBM available for your device. After reboot your BlackBerry ID may succesfully associate with BBM.
02-12-2013 10:16 PM
You are most welcome and thanks for sharing your solution