Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

BlackBerry Messenger is very slow

Hi ,

My BlackBerry Messenger is very slow, and when my friends change their display picture , it doesn’t change in my BB.

How can I solve it ??

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Messenger is very slow

Do you know what version of BBM you are running.  You can find it in the Wrench (Options)->Device->Application Management.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Contributor
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

That has been the main problem for blackberry sice many years!!..

http://www.techwench.com
Contributor

It is Version 5.0.1.41

Developer

I would install the latest version 5.0.2.11 from App World in the Free section and see if that helps.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

only 5.0.1.41 is available for me.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer

Sorry about that.  You are right.  I have a beta version on my device.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi moaza,

When you say it doesn't change on your BB, how long are you waiting to notice the change?  It does take some time to sync (typically between 10 minutes and several hours), but it should eventually change.

Have you tried doing a battery pull?  While the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert and wait for the device to reboot.  Does that force a refresh?

Now then, the good thing is that as JaredCo alluded to, there are new versions of BBM in the works, so if you're unable to resolve this right now, there should be an update fairly soon that should help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

The pictures it doesn’t change in my BBM for a days and sometimes it doesn’t change at all. I reboot my BB, I saw the changes, but if they change the pictures again I can’t see the changes Smiley Sad I should reboot every time ????? Thanks
Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yeah, so that means it's a refresh problem.  If you can have a little patience, hopefully the next version of BBM will be out soon.  That should help.  But in the meantime, the occasional battery pull should help.  Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!