Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv STV100-4
My Carrier: O2 UK

BlackBerry OS 7.1

According to BB's website, and several other websites, BB started releasing OS 7.1 to carriers in early January.  I contacted O2 UK today and was told:

"Although some carriers have released OS 7.1 O2 are not one of those networks and and we don’t have a release date for O2."

They gave me the impression that BB have not yet released OS 7.1 to O2 UK. Does anyone know if OS 7.1 has been officially released by any other carriers?  How can I contact BB direct to find out where the delay is?

Mine is a BB Bold 9900.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: BlackBerry OS 7.1

[ Edited ]

It's down to the carrier, not RIM, when the carrier releases any new OS version to their users. Carriers have to test it and train their support staff on it, before they release it.

I'm with Vodafone UK and am still on 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 (BB 9900).

----------------------------------------------------
Q10 | Vodafone UK | London
Trusted Contributor

I understand that it is down to the carrier to test and train their staff before they can release a new OS, but it seems that O2 have not even received OS 7.1 from RIM yet.  That is what I am trying to establish, that RIM claim to have released the OS to carriers in early January, but none of them (at least not 02) have received it.

Do you know if Vodafone have received OS 7.1, and whether they have a release date?

Regular Contributor

mkatkinson wrote:
Do you know if Vodafone have received OS 7.1, and whether they have a release date?

Nope.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know of any carrier that has officially released OS 7.1?  Or even given a date as to when they expect to release OS 7.1?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: verizon

i am in the US and i have OS 7.1 my carrier is Verizon my phone is the bold 9930
Trusted Contributor

Since my original Forum posting I sent an e-mail to BlackBerry Beta Zone and asked them whether they knew if OS 7.1 had been officially released to any carriers.  Their reply was:

OS 7.1 is currently being tested by a carrier In the United States as an Invitation Only program."

So it seems that RIM have not yet officially released OS 7.1, as the fanfare at the beginning of January suggested.

Patience is a virtue?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes. I'd just sit back, wait and chill, if I were you!