Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BlackBerry Podcasts on OS 7.1

Hi,

having the same issue with the podcast app as above, and the link doesn't work for me. Any other options (that work) apart from downgrading to previous version?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360 & Playbook 16
My Carrier: Koodo

I posted this on Crackberry and got a work around that helps but am hoping for the BB Podcast app to work properly on its own.

I have a Curve 9360 with 7.1 in Canada and the podcast app wont work. It just shows 0 podcasts and wont hook up to anything to get them. I even tried to un install it thinking it just needed to be re-installed but it doesn't even show up on the un-install menu, on the phone itself or through the desktop program?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

At the moment there doesn't appear to be any options for resolving the issue with the missing podcast application. Since contacting BlackBerry Help and escalating this to my network carrier no-one seems to want to take any ownership in fixing this, to be honest I'm more than disappointed with the lack of response from companies that are supposed to be reputable and want you to remain loyal to their brand.

I don't know why the link doesn't work for everyone, I had no problems in reinstalling the podcast app this way, however I suppose that due to this not being an 'official' app site it may have been blocked.

The fact that this issue appears to be affecting people using different carriers makes me even more convinced that this is a problem that BlackBerry need to resolve - they are the common source of this issue and need to investigate further in my opinion. Does anyone have any previous experience of successfully dealing with BlackBerry, if so let me know how you went about it, I'm more than ready to challenge them!

Super Contributor
My Carrier: N NetCom

I haven't had the time yet to sit down and try the fixes that has come up here(I will post my results when I do), but I think that the next OS upgrade might fix this, just as it did with the compass-issue that many people had before the first 7.0 upgrade. Might be a long wait, but hopefully not that long...

It seems like some got this problem fixed while others didn't, so I'm eager to try myself!!
Anyway, like I said, I will get back with my results here too as soon as I get a chance to try them out!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange

After reading fozzie74's comment, I re-tried the link in one of the earlier replies, after a couple of failed download attempts it finally worked, so the issue must have been with my connection.

It has completely fixed the issue, now re-subscribing to all the stuff I had! fortunately it seemed to remember most of the channels. 

Thanks for your help everyone

k

New Contributor

Well some progress, I've deleted the app (finally showed up through the desktop software) But I can't reinstall it. I tried the rroyy site but when I try to get the desktop software to import it says there's an error with it. The app world on my phone shows 100 results on podcasts, none being the Blackberry one??

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

this worked for me - thank you.

New Contributor

OK finally got it going. My mistake was trying to install it through the desktop software.

Just in case someone in the future is reading this be sure to go to the previously mentioned rroyy site and be sure you are doing it through the phones browser. Click on the program it will download and install itself and then work
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Worked great on my 9900. Thanks a lot!
Super Contributor
My Carrier: N NetCom

Finally had the chance to sit down and try to fix this on my phone.

First of all, I can't find the Podcasts app in my phone's programs list or when I use the Desktop Manager, so I couldn't delete and reinstall it. Tried this 4-5 times.

So I thought, install the Social Feeds again, that I had deleted to get the OS7.1 upgrade, and use that to add the podcasts I want as RSS feeds. But there is the same problem there, well almost. I could see the app and install and delelete and all that, but I can't type anything in the Search-field, so I then I can't search or add nothing...

Please BlackBerry, fix this soon!