Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

BlackBerry Protect USELESS pre-OS10

So, I was out walking/jogging this morning.  I had my Torch II and my Q10.  An hour and a half into it, I notice my Q10 was gone!  I was beginning to sh!t bricks when I remembered BlackBerry Protect, including its "Locate" feature.  So, I used my Torch to log in, called up the Q10 profile, and selected the "View Location" option.

And guess what...

A map placeholder did come up but because the pre-OS10 browser does not support Flash, there was no actual map loaded.  And, naturally, there was no link to open the map in BB Maps or Google Maps.

Does anybody test this s!@$!?!?!  What's the point of having such a feature if BlackBerry's own devices cannot access it!?!

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Protect USELESS pre-OS10

I don't see the dropped ball you see.   I know and understand the limitations of legacy BlackBerry models and I wouldn't have expected one to be able to use the Protect website. 

- Ira
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Viva Bahrain

Are you serious!?  BlackBerry Protect, its website, and the website's features are among BB's core functions/functionalities!  What's the point of having it if out of dozens of BB models it's unusable for all but the newest three?!

I'm not asking for or expecting some radical system upgrade/overhaul.  But surely sticking a link to BB Maps below the non-functional flash map on BB Protect's website isn't too much!

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Yes,  I was serious.   But you are welcome to your outrage if you want.   

- Ira