Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry Protect does not show previous backups...

I've a BlackBerry Curve 9360, and have always used the BlackBerry Protect Service. When installing BlackBerry Protect on my phone after backing up my data, then wiping the phone clean and starting over, I cannot find my PREVIOUS BACKUPS from a day or two ago. Usually in the past it lists them, but not today.

You see, when you initially install the BlackBerry Protect after having wiping the phone, it asks you the frequency of your backups and at the start you are ask to do that first backup. However, you are not obligated to do so and I've done this in the past. So... When I install the application or Protect Service, you can click on the "Restore from Backup" icon in BlackBerry Protect and then your phone will be listed.

From there, after having clicked on your Phone, it provides a list of the backups you've done. Today, no list, no previous backups or nothing after having wiped my phone data and relying on a previous backup from a day or two ago.

Can anyone help me find a way to get my previous backup choices as they DO NOT APPEAR? At this point I've BlackBerry Protect mastered, but it is not showing previously dated backups...

Thank you!

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

Re: BlackBerry Protect does not show previous backups...

I am having the same problem. I made a mistake whereby just after wiping my phone ,I opened blackberry protect and activated daily automatic backup before restoring my contacts. So now when I try to restore, it only showing today's date or point. I can't see the previous backup point. Please somebody help. pin:279E64B0
New Developer

First, login to the updated website using your BlackBerry I D. If you have multiple phones, that is one thing. If that's the case, find the PIN and Archives and find your backup. If there is only one phone on the website, refresh the browser while having your phone ON and the BlackBerry Protect Application OPEN. Look for your backup.This is the first hypothetical. If that doesn't work, reply here. BBP has updated to a more powerful server base and it can be found. I will explain after the first hypothetical is exhausted...
Contributor

Thank you. I am using a single phone. It was performing slowly that's why I wiped it. But sorry what's the updates site please?
New Developer

protect.blackberry.com

You'll come to a login screen. Login, then you'll see you're phone on BlackBerry Protect.
Contributor

Thanks a lot. Let me try it and I'll get back to you. Thanks. Much appreciated.
Contributor

I don't have a pc,I'm using the phone to access the internet. I typed protect.blackberry.com in my browser and got this response :

BlackBerry Protect Web Portal - Browser Requirements

BlackBerry Protect is only supported on the following desktop browsers:

Internet Explorer 7, or 8

Firefox 3.x and newer

Chrome 3 and newer

Safari 3 and newer

The BlackBerry Protect web portal is not currently supported on mobile browsers or on Internet Explorer 6.
New Developer

[ Edited ]

Are you on your BlackBerry? That has the BlackBerry browser.

Contributor

Yes I got. I changed the browser settings and now I'm on protect. I entered my email and passport ,I am able to see my pin and other options. So where do I go from here????
New Developer

Click on "Manage Data". Find your backup if it exists. Have your phone on, and the BlackBerry Protect Application open at the same time. Refresh browser. Do you see your backup? Grab it if you do.