Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Protect error with service provider?

Both my husband and I are with Rogers. He has the Torch and I the 9780. He had no problems with it backing up, but I keep receiving the message "The BlackBerry Protect service is temporarily unavailable". This has gone on for days. I have tried everything suggested in the above posts and still nothing.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE & LG G4
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Well, I'll add myself to those affected.

I have a 9780 with Rogers and I've had this issue since I've upgraded to a 1GB plan as it worked fine when I had a 500MB plan.  I'm beginning to think it's an issue with those that have 1GB though I can't confirm until I downgrade my plan on my next billing cycle.

Rogers tried removing and reinitializing my data plan but that didn't help.  They applied a data block and removed it, that didn't help.

I've wiped my phone three times and installed three different official OS (.448, .534, .546) and same issue every time.

Finally Rogers told me it was nothing to do with them and to contact RIM using the 'Contact Support' option in the Blackberry Protect app in AppWorld.

Then I guess a nice automated response from RIM that states:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry(r) App World(tm) support.  This is an automated response to your inquiry.  Direct support is unavailable through the "Contact Support" button.

Please visit www.blackberry.com/appworld/support for billing issues and technical support options including BlackBerry(r) Answers, user guides, knowledge base articles, and BlackBerry(r) Support Community Forums.  Direct support can also be accessed through the contact form found on this site.

Support Link: www.blackberry.com/appworld/support

So basically contacting RIM through AppWorld is useless.  (Why do they even bother having support link at all if it doesnt do anything!!!).

I'm having a really rough time with my BB lately and this isn't helping (everything just seems to be slow or not work).  I don't care so much about Protect since I sync with Outlook but it's just one more thing on my phone that isn't working as well as it should and I'm tired of that.  As such, I'm close to putting my phone through the wall and giving up on BB except I want to hang in there for the 9900.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 3UK

i have been having problems to, but i get the message; an error has occured, please try later, when logging-in to download the app.

i deleted app world (uninstalled) and re-installed app world which went perfect but cannot get recognised when i login to download any  app desired.

why would this happen when re-installing app world went ok.

michi1

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE & LG G4
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Just wanted to say that my Protect is working again.

The solution was that Rogers temporarily increased my data plan to unlimited for the next two months.  While Protect still gave me the error after they increased my plan last night, this morning it was working fine.

When I called Rogers to tell them it worked, the Support guy I talked to said plan changes didn't go through until midnight so previous attempts by Rogers to 'play with' my data plan might have worked but we just didn't give it enough time.

Downside is that I only have unlimited for 2 months so I don't know if it will stop working after that.

So... there does seem to be some conflict with the Rogers 1GB plan and Protect, at least for me on my 9780.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Dont see why it would.
I too have Rogers and dont have unlimited, yet I use Protect without issue, odd.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Well, a few days ago, I got a text message from Rogers saying that my unlimited data bonus was about to end. I had no idea what that was...I guess when I signed up for the 1GB plan, they gave me this "unlimited data bonus" for a couple of months. Anyways, I had long since uninstalled Blackberry Protect but decided to try it again after this bonus ended. Protect is now working! My first backup was completed and I assume it's going to keep backing up. I don't know if this is all a coincidence or Blackberry resolved the problem with Rogers. Regardless, my Blackberry 9780 is now loaded with Protect after I having lots of problems with it a couple of months ago. I hope it clears up for everyone else, too :-)

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

thank you blueapple for your feedback. Too many people come here for answers and never give anything back.

The kind of messages like yours is what makes this community forum valuable.

have a nice day.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Mobile Store Ahmedabad

Go to black berry APS and try down load protect it might work

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

nitinanekar wrote:

Go to black berry APS and try down load protect it might work

Who are you responding to... the original poster in this thread from a year and half ago?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: canada 9810
My Carrier: indosat m3

I now get the same problems. Do the backup yesterday & 100% uploaded. Then I Wipe my bb, & do the restore via bb protect. Untill now, I had try more than 30 times & always fail. It keeps saying that "The service plan for your BlackBerry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan".
I use the full service package from my provider in here (Indosat M3, Jakarta - Indonesia). So its very strange, how can my package doesn't support bb protect application? In the past I got no problems when doing the restore. Till now, I also had try re-wipe few times, reinstall the app world & also the bb protect. But STILL ZERO result.
Bb protect is Sucksss bro. I lost all my important phone book because of these. Till now to many problem that I got when I use BB. Now maybe its time to start to dump the BB & start other smart phone