Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Smart Card Reader

BlackBerry Smart Card Reader Options

When trying to pair the Bluetooth Smart Card Reader with my computer I receive the following error "No connectable Bluetooth radio was detected. Connect a Bluetooth radio to your desktop computer and then click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.

I can pair the devices using the normal Bluetooth application, however BB applicaton is not seeing Bluetooth on system.

Any assistance would be great.

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Smart Card Reader

Was there any resolution on this?

I am having this issue trying to test using the BlackBerry Bluetooth card reader to log into my Windows machine (same error in XP SP2 as well as Vista...).

Going to engage Tech Support...

Steve

New Contributor

Please reply if you have found a solution to this problem.  I have the same issue.

Thinkpad T61

Blackberry Smart Card Reader 1.51

Bluetooth is enabled.

Highlighted

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Sounds like there might be a trend here. I have a new Lenovo T61 and also have the exact same error. I have no issue with my PC.

Has anyone updated the BT Drivers/Stack to see if that would fix it? Has anyone gotten a response from Support on this yet? I may reach out to them this week to see what they say.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was not able to get any resolution.  Please post back if you get it working.

I did try to update Bluetooth using the drivers on Lenovo's site, but it didn't help.  

Thanks.

Message Edited by smartcarderror on 02-23-2009 08:09 AM
New Contributor

The main issues we found were with 3rd party Bluetooth drivers.

If you remove any software/drivers for the bluetooth, and just connect the device and allow the Windows Bluetooth drivers/stack to install, this in 99% cases works.  Certain Dell models (laptops), certain Bluetooth hardware devices just don't work - meaning, you HAVE to use their drivers.  In this case, your chances of successfully pairing drop dramatically...

Try ripping everything out, see if windows can find your bluetooth adapter and use the built in windows bluetooth drivers...

I've had much success with the Kensington brands of BT adapters (don't need to install any extra software- they run fine with the Windows drivers)... And I can pair/connect to the desktop... now we just have to get the PKI certs we are using added to the domain controllers so we can actually use the sleds to log into our desktops (which is the goal for us)...