Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Tmobile

BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Email setup problem

I have a Tmobile BlackBerry curve 3g originally with a BlackBerry plan (BIS) that has an email, internet, and blackberry messenger working perfectly. My question is, I would like to use my older Blackberry Storm 2 9550 (unlocked) with my present Tmobile BlackBerry plan. However, after the "device change" I could not move my emails perfectly as I would get errors setting up on Storm although I was able to have internet access, use bbm and gps under EDGE signal.

To fully understand the problem, I tried doing the same procedure onto my other unlocked Bold 9650 device and was able to move and synchronize emails, together with internet access, gps and bbm. I just do not understand why I could not move my emails onto Storm 9550 just like on the Bold 9650 which are basically the same unlocked CDMA phone.

I have done the following:

-back up and restore (everything including service books from the present curve 3g to storm2)

-have done "register now" on host routing table on storm 2

-checked service books on storm2 and able to find "Email [CMIME]

-email setup would result to "The application has encountered an error and cannot continue"

-TCP/IP APN setting set to: epc.tmobile.com

-Storm 9550 has v5.0.0.1015 (Bundle 1656, Platform 4.2.0.442

If you could please help me step by step I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Marc

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Email setup problem

Hello marc1075 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Email setup application.

Backup your device and do a security wipe (click here) and before any data is restored, click on Email settings. Does the same error occur?

Could you send me a private message with the PIN? I can investigate further for you.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!