Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

BlackBerry Storm 9500 Wireless Software Update 4.7.0.181 - Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

I just happened to randomly check for an update a few days ago via Wireless update option - there was one.

My current version 4.7.0141. The new version is 4.7.0.181.

The procedure of updating wirelessly has worked on this handset several times before.

On this occasion the download progresses to the full '100%' according to the on-screen notification.

However after the software has been downloaded and I select 'update now' I recieve the message 'Downloaded software is invalid. Try again later or update using BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer'.

Kind of contradictory isn't it?

I cannot update using desktop software as I have a BlackBerry Storm and it doesn't work with the Mac platform.

I can't find anything on the net which seems to endorse the view that this software version which appears in the wireless update application is indeed the latest official Vodafone approved software [although I shouldn't really be surprised at that, considering that the Vodafone customer experience].

Having done all that, I now cannot remove the 'Wireless Update' icon from the home screen and selecting the icon seems to indicate the update process remains 'live'. I suspect this is the case and I believe I can percieve a palpable impact on the handset's operation - it feels slower, as if it's got a heavier open application load.

If anyone here has any ideas, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks a lot in advance.