Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Storm SIM questions

Hi,

From my understanding, Verizon will offer BlackBerry Storm as a GSM phone (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Will it only works with a Verizon SIM? If I'm going to other countries, can I just slip in an appropriate SIM in a given country to avoid the steep international roaming fees charged?

Thanks

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: BlackBerry Storm SIM questions

It will be exactly like the Verizon 8830 World Edition. You can add a Vodafone SIM card that can be obtained from Verizon. Why Vodafone? They are the largest shareholder in Verizon Wireless.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
will it ever be possible to buy an unlocked version of this phone to use with a company besides verizon (no offense to verizon)
Message Edited by secret_warior on 11-01-2008 02:33 AM
New Contributor

According to what I have read, it is possible to unlock it, so you would be able to use the SIM of your choice.
My Device: storm 2/9550
My Carrier: verizon

how would you unlock the BB storm 9550

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

cdaltondalton wrote:

how would you unlock the BB storm 9550

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................