Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades

Does this update that is available increase the speed on the phone?
New Contributor

no but deleting apps do

How do you Delete apps? Forgive me for being stupid haha!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm

You can go into your "service books" and delete things you don't want.

On the "Storm"  (a/k/a BS), they took out the delet applications button from the menu, it was there on the Curve and Perl.

Contributor

[ Edited ]
I changed the hove, tap interval and swipe sensitivity settings as suggested but can't seem to "save" them. I clicked on the BB icon which usually brings up a menu where "save" is on the list. After making these changes and clicking the BB icon I get a bunch of icons in the center of the screen that with a finger touch will scroll. These icons are for messenger, home, camera, etc. There is nothing that will let me "save". Sooo, how do I save these settings?
Message Edited by Rosebudster on 11-25-2008 02:34 PM
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530

when you press the return button, it should bring up the save option in one of three onscreen boxes.

The Phone is still slow and really needs help.   RIM nees to create a program where you can just TYPE ON THE SCREEN WITHOUT CLICKING, IT WOULD BE A GREAT OPTION TO HAVE.  PLEASE RIM THINK ABOUT THAT AS WELL.  PLEASE FIX CAMERA IT TAKES 20 seconds to take a picture.  Accelerometer is garbage and the phone really is a mess.  When you tap the screen it clicks the wrong option, not what you are intending to highlight, just a mess.......
New Contributor

DeEsktop Manager checked for updates and informed me that there were updates. Ran the update(somewere about 395 files). At the very end, it took almost an hour for the system to connect to the handheld. At 95% completion, I received a disconnect error from the Windows system. After another 20 min. of nothing happening, I disconnected the handheld.

Ran the update a second time and processed 48 files. Received the same disconnect. I disconnected the handheld again.

Turned off the handheld and rebooted.

Version is still 4.7.0.65

Lost all contacts entered.

The seperate folders for my two email accounts are gone. Everything goes to the message folder.

Default Services is (maybe it was before) is empty.

There is a Loader Backup file on my computer. Can I restore my handheld with this file? Or does is it a backup of the handheld after the first update?

Thanks,

Ray

New Contributor

An additional problem I just noticed. The option to delete an email on both the server and handheld or just the handheld is gone. I can only delete the message, which deletes the file on both.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm - 9530

"Received the same disconnect"

Do you have XP or Vista?

USB 2.0 or 1.1?