12-05-2008 11:34 PM
So far, .75 does not fix the muted audio, loud headset volume, Bluetooth problems and portrait/landscape changes issues. My storm still drops bluetooth connectivity during calls, volume is all over the place and the screen rotates without warning. Is this the same .75 as offered unofficially on Crackberry?
12-05-2008 11:47 PM
12-06-2008 01:41 AM
Trojanberry, you are right! 2 letters per key instead of the three! Much better! I just finished upgrading my phone, and already I am noticing the portrait to landscape thingy is MUCH improved! Hooray! It responds much faster when I turn it to the side now. I am off to play with it and see what else is better.
12-06-2008 02:45 AM
i just opened the BB Desktop Manager and clicked check for updates at 8:15 EST and the system completed what appeared to be a very significant update that took 10 minutes. I have had my phone since the morning of 11/21 and I have done this previously and the phone was updated.
My question is - where can I see what version of the upgrade was downloaded? On the BB Storm I went into "Options" then into "Advanced Options" and clicked on 'Applications." It shows on top line the following
BlackBerry 4.7 Core Applicaitons 4.7 However, I cannot transition over to the right far enough to see the file extension. I am curious is this the .78 release? How can I verify.
thanks for the input and help
You need to go to "options" then "about" and there, you should see the OS as v126.96.36.199 (platform 188.8.131.52), assuming you did the upgrade.
12-06-2008 03:47 AM
For those who did not read my post on the other thread, these are my first impressions so far on the 0.78.
Ok.... update finished. First impressions are good .
- The flipping is significantly better. I tried switching in the home menu and the camera/keyboard and it is much much faster.
- In general the device responds much much faster, the lag is still there in the home menu but its not a big deal. - -
- Images in the media viewer load real fast, like 0.5 secs and you see all of them.
- Browsing images is also better, much smoother.
- Playing mp3 there is still a large gap (0.5 secs) between songs of the same album, which makes the change from song to song a bit crapy.
- Scrolling menus is way improved, so is the response to the menu button.
- The same for scrolling contacts and calendar, now changing month is much faster and smoother.
- Loading applications is also faster (Id say 50% faster), Facebook for instance loads almost instantly.
- The call log seems to have a bug. When you get in, you cant do anything. All freezes untill you press the red button and go to the home screen.
- Locking is finally working. It takes about 0.3-0.5 secs to lock and unlock.
So far, im a happy camper.
Some more thoughts after 12 hours since update. The phone seems NOT to get any slower with time (with 0.65 it will get extremely slow after 24 hours).
12-06-2008 12:18 PM
12-06-2008 11:27 PM
Key rate: fast
Tap interval: 100
Hover period: 100
Swipe sensitivity: 6
This has helped!!!
The only problems I've had were with the sync (with Outlook) - I had outlook 2000 and it wouldn't syn my info. I had to upgrade. Now it works like a charm (using the BB desktop mgr). All my outlook info gets syncd
This forum has helped a lot - I really appreciate the tips/shortcuts everyone has posted.
I have small fingers and have to use my index fingers for typing on the keyboards, can't use my thumbs. My hubby can txt with his thumbs really fast with the landscape mode.
The browser (explorer or firefox) is sloooowwwww. Wish it was faster!!!!!! - but the rest of the phone is great. Love being able to get e-mails from my different accts. Using my outlook calendar info, memos, appts, task, etc., text msgs, instant msgng, photos, music. I dwnld Google maps (still trying to learn how to operate it), my 13 yr grandson can work it
Can someone explain what the update was suppose to do. I got the update tonite (Sat 12-6-08) thru the BB desktop mgr - the phone re-booted etc. Everything still there just like before the update and still seems to work okay. haven't gotten on the browser yet.
Thanks for the help
12-07-2008 12:47 AM
12-08-2008 01:33 AM - edited 12-08-2008 02:34 AM
Verizon is offering the Samsung Omnia tommorrow in stores. Looks like a substantial alternaive to the Storm and iPhone. No way RIM should have released the Storm before it was debugged. Why should we have to jump through hoops? They should have learned from the iPhone's release issues. RIM should be ashamed and issue a public apology. Where is the integrity anymore?
CNET gets it...