Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades

There is a company called MarkSpace that makes a program called Missing Sync for BlackBerry.  It works very well on the Mac.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 950

I have the same error message when rebooting the phone: Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegal StateException  

Has anyone figured this out?

Has the Official Verizon O.S. firmware release .113 been released yet
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

tanach : no.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer

[ Edited ]

I use the BB Storm 9530. I use a Linux OS. I can't upgrade my BB Storm 9530 because the  web site requires Windows or MAC (don't have MAC either). Why is Black Berry aka Research In Motion Limited requiring the use of the crappiest OS in the world? Why does Black Berry aka Research In Motion Limited choose to alienate customers by not allowing them to use the OS they to want to use? This will probably cause me to go to another cellular phone provider and another phone like the IPhone.

All Linux Users Please speak up! Chime in make your voices heard!

Visitor

Is there any blackberry support for those who use Lynx, more specific, Ubuntu?  I am unable to load the Desktop software on my computer because it always gives me the following error message or similar:

Uable to find a volume for file extraction.

Please verify that you have proper permissions.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this issue?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

gemini2375 wrote:

Is there any blackberry support for those who use Lynx, more specific, Ubuntu?  I am unable to load the Desktop software on my computer because it always gives me the following error message or similar:

Uable to find a volume for file extraction.

Please verify that you have proper permissions.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this issue?  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

At present, DTM is Windows and MAC only. I've no idea if they intend on porting to other platforms. Given that the MAC platform only recently became supported, I'd expect some time before any others...if ever.

Sorry...I know you were looking for more than that...but that is what is.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Visitor

I have to agree with you. I would genuinely like to know how this phone was released? It is VERY laggy The cut paste tool is impossible to control it just shoots all over the place. And the accuracy of the arrow in cursor mode in the Browser is just unusable. It seems to be a sensitivity issue. This is apparent in the ball (brick ,..whatever) breaker game The bat just stutters and misses subtle finger moves. Rim are unclear in their instructions what the touchscreen options actually DO. Would it help to mess with the tap interval and hover period options? Why are all of RIMs help pages devoid of such help. All we are told is where an option is NOT What it actually DOES. What the hell is a hover period? The time that I levi tate with fury At the performance of this thing. I am a new blackberry user . I wanted something more useful that apples toy phone. Last year I bought a storm. Big mistake. I took it back. I almost joined the herd and bought An I phone. Then the storm 2 came out. Because I loved RIMs OS and i'd heard that the hardware Issues were history, I bought one. Now here I am again trying to convince my operator that I have made another big mistake and I now need a working phone. I hope . I pray that some kind soul out there has the answer I want..... WILL ALL THIS STUTTERY JERKY LAGGY INACCURACY BE BANISHED WITH ONE SIMPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE??
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

tomlavery wrote:
What the hell is a hover period?

Please read this article from the public knowldege base :

KB17193 Configuring the touch screen options on the BlackBerry Storm

tomlavery wrote:
It seems to be a sensitivity issue.

Then you may enhance your experience by configuring the swipe sensitivity.

tomlavery wrote:
Rim are unclear in their instructions what the touchscreen options actually DO. Would it help to mess with the tap interval and hover period options? Why are all of RIMs help pages devoid of such help. All we are told is where an option is NOT What it actually DOES.

I agree with you on one point : the documentation is scattered in two places :

• the user manual (available by opening the menu and selecting Help, or by downloading it in the documentation section of the website blackberry.com)
  • the public knowledge base (accessible by clicking on the "SUPPORT & SERVICES" button on top of the current page)

Fortunately, for the knowledge base, a search form is available and very efficient : it took me 5 seconds to find the article I am giving you.

tomlavery wrote:
I pray that some kind soul out there has the answer I want.....

Hello, I'm here ! Smiley Very Happy

tomlavery wrote:
WILL ALL THIS STUTTERY JERKY LAGGY INACCURACY BE BANISHED WITH ONE SIMPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE??

I don't know, I had problems too at first with my first Storm 9530 but after a day I understood that a clean screen reduced the jerk, and that I didn't have to press hard on the device for it to feel my finger (I am not talking about clicking).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

anyone have their contacts, texts, emails deleted after upgrading???? i never had a problem till today...everything was wiped clean! super upset too...oh well...i suppose i can't do to much about it..just becareful doing it because if it happend to me it can happen to you!