Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades

I have a Windows 2000 Profesional setup with administrator removed.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

In response to a much earlier post: I use Parallels 4.0 and initially had problms syncing.  I used a Windows-only PC to perform an initial sync and downloaded/installed the software updates.  I was then able to sync on my Parallels side of my MacBook flawlessly.

Message Edited by johnrobbfl on 11-26-2008 10:34 AM
New Contributor
My Device: 8830

Try installing DM v4.7 with Roxio English only (not multilanguage). See post titled DM Quirks.

Why would I want to delete apps. I got this phone to have apps, music, email, and all of the other things. I didn't buy it on what it could do if there was nothing on it. Blackberry better fix this fast!
Contributor

How do you contact RIM instead of Verizon to find out why, on battery power, my storm keep rebooting? after the screen turns off.  I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement.  Maybe they have a solution.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm

Contact the carrier (Verizon?) and when you get the tech on the phone, (be honest, they can see how many times you've called) tell them how many times you've called, you're "not satisfied" with the response (be sure to use those words), and ask them to involve RIM support.  They've been VERY helpful with me as I've worked through a couple of issues with their tech support.   The RIM folks are also very nice, BUT they're not as 'customer friendly' as the Verizon people are.  (I think they must give more "happy medicine" to the VZW BB support folks.
Contributor

Thanks, I will do just that.  Appreciate the help.
New Contributor

What really makes me laugh, after endless seeing all the Mac commercials about how bad Vista is (of course, everything comes out first for Vista, and then the Mac 6 months later, if at all).  Well, having left Crap T&T (with the craptactular iPhone 3G) for Verizon (and the truly inovative Blackberry Storm), I have no problems updating my Storm.  I had nothing but problems with my iPhone (and for the record, Apple is only around because Bill Gates made a 15 billion dollar infusion into Apple to keep them alive!  Oops, Mr. Windows has his hands everywhere!), but have not had one problem with my Storm.  And remember, how long did it take for the iPhone to get 3G?  Thats right, forever!  RIm already said that they will support the Mac next year, so visit one of your friends with a PC and update it until you get it on your system.
New Contributor

When I use ver 4.7 of the Desktop Software and run an application update on either my Storm or the 8800 it crashes the computer. This happens on two independent computers both running XP. The Storm recovered but the 8800 is stuck on a white screen and as soon as I connect it to the computer is crashes it.
Contributor

wow metalwych... you are pretty cool... postin in a support forum that it makes you laugh when people here have problems. 

why dont you just shut up? 

and since you are so much better than everybody else, why dont you know that every mac can run windows xp/vista via bootcamp(uh and much better than any other machines O_o)

why dont you remember how long it took for a blackberry to get 3g?

you are pretty useless