Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades

This is not a bluetooth bug, it is a long old bug, it is called one way communication. is true for other phones also
New Contributor

Andrew, 

Go to Menu --> Options --> About and check:

and place paste first 3 lines of this screen 

I have

v4.7.0.65(Platform 4.0.0.76) 

And as I'm in London using Vodafone as well I think someone has a loot of luck or something’sis wrong.

I'll check this link few times today for update.

Regards 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Auburn -

My phone used to be fine (there was 1 problem where if I tried voice to activate voice dialing w/ my bluetooth, my phone would go white and hang..but I reset my battery, didn't try to do that again with my jawbone and all was ok-but this is another issue).  This morning however, when I tried to voice dial with my phone (with jawbone on), I experienced the problem you were having.  I didn't have this problem before and I was frustrated.  So what I did was go to to my bluetooth settings, selected my bluetooth, hit options and removed the checks from "headset", "serial port profile", and "A/V Remote Control Target".  I'm not sure if you need to uncheck all 3, but this solved the problem.  I tested my voice dial with my jawbone just to see and IT WORKED TOO!  Apparently, the headset settings and handsfree settings may be causing a conflict.  It would suck if you use the headset as well, but you may need to switch back and forth until they come up with an update to fix this.  By the way, I still have version .65  Also, I noted that after I had my problem this morning that the VCast icon showed up on my phone.  I didn't have this before (I know I didn't because I had a certain number of icons on my window that I organized to fit my homepage).  Did Verizon do this while I was sleeping?  Could this be the reason why my phone wasn't working? Because my phone was being uploaded?  And my version hasn't changed so I don't know...anyway, I hope this helps.  Good luck! 

Contributor

Go to Menu --> Options --> About and check:

v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.0.76)

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.51

Branding Version: 1.0.1208

Are you saying that it has not been upgraded! Since I went through the procedure and it said it was upgrading!!!!

I will try it again...

Andrew

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm very sorry mate but you are @ same software like myself and this is not upgraded.

I've complete this procedure as well, i've lost loot of time to recovery everything and setup phone again. I hope someone says "I'm very sorry I'm numb, I've send wrong notification to our customers". Because as far I know, people can return devices and Vodafone will not be happy with this kind of partnership. 

Regards 

Message Edited by brainik on 12-03-2008 01:02 PM
Contributor

There is one born every minute. I will go back into my cave...

Sorry for leading you up the garden path ;-)

Andrew

Contributor

oh my god..... I spent 45 mins doing the freaking upgrade just to discover that the main OS was NOT upgraded but something else instead. And I lost all the settings..... this is really a big piece of junk.
New Contributor

Before doing the software update, make sure to back up your setting from the BB desktop software.
New Contributor
My Device: Storm

Not everyone has enough luck like... for example - working backup in DM.

Today I'm cool but first idea from last nigh: why i choose second BB i can get _ANY_ phone...

When I receive email from Nokia about software update i can update my phone 2sec after reading, so right now RIM has only 19 hours 27 minutes delay Smiley Happy.

Regards

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: BlackBerry Storm Web Based Software Upgrades - now I have a 'syn' error message

First, I am not sure where to ask this but I think it is related to the upgrade so I ask of you here.  If you saw this on CB it's because I'm needing answer in a hurry....someone please!

After installing the upgrade that is working fine on the Storms, I'm getting a (BB 4.7 DM to the Storm to MS Office03) synchronization Error message that was not there before I loaded the rev.75 on the Storm. Now the DM will not syn my contact/scheldule/etc data from the device to Outlook2003.
Can anyone tell me what screen and from where is DM referring that comes up within the Synchronize section? This is what happens; an error message pops up and in the corner reads "Intellisync! There are no applications configured for synchronization. From Synchronize screen, go to Configure > Synchronization to configure the applications." It must be a block from somewhere but I am not using BES and it's a straight port (PC/XP) USB connection - Thanks for any help!