Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Storm - music player

[ Edited ]

am able to download songs as .wma and they appear in my Music section - under All Songs, etc., but when I click on the Play, the entire unit re-boots.  I've tried to read around and can't find a solution.

EDIT: Changed title after splitting from another thread

Message Edited by Andy on 02-01-2009 08:03 AM
Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Storm - music player

Same here amigo, am convinced this is a hardware issue. My work collegue and friend is running the same OS and he has no problems with playing music or random reboots, I also read on this site MircroSD card is the problem although he has one installed also!!

I dont actually mind the reboots when I say that it only happens one or twice a day with me. Although playing music anytime makes device reboot!!

Think its something we will just have to put up with...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

can you try the same thing with a non-WMA file ? for example a MP3 one.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

My music is all mp3 formated. any reason you ask?

thanks.

Guru I

I was not asking you but the original poster. It's his discussion and not yours Smiley Happy
you may have a different problem than his.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Thanks for your time, thought this was a open forum? hopefully you recieve an answer from coachdad soon.

Guru I

yes it's an open forum, but you can understand that it's difficult for people to follow two discussions at the same time in real life. Here, it's the same. Your issue seems the same as the original poster, but it is not. I have absolutely no idea how to solve your issue, but I have some ideas that may work for the original poster. That's why I personally think it's a good idea to keep things separated. Now if you don't like what I write, please don't read my messages or don't mind them. You don't need to patronize me of how to spend my leisure time helping people.

Contributor

I was only interested in your answer!!!
New Contributor

Thanks for the response - I will be back in town this evening and will try it then - unfortunately the source of the music is a desktop at home - unless there is a way to do anything from the Blackberry itself...
Contributor

Media > music > highlight song > options > properties

this will explain what format you music is hope this helps.