Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: storm 2 9550
My Carrier: t mobile

BlackBerry Storm2 Screen Issues

Smiley Sad

WATERLOO, Canada - BerryScoop reports that BlackBerry Storm2s from Verizon Wireless may have a problem with the screen accepting input in the lower left corner.

The carrier has recognized the issue and is concerned about customers getting brand new phones in the store that are defective. There are replacements becoming available from RIM, with a software and hardware update.  The new version can be identified by a green dot on the master carton, and date codes on the back of the device. The date code for the new devices are later than 120210 and the letter codes C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, L,2A, M2A, and N2A.

The Storm2s may have had this problem for a while, it is hard to tell. RIM and Verizon are doing what they can to take care of the problems. What we don't know is whether older units have the problem or how far back the issue stretches. If the Storm2 is behaving poorly, it may warrant a trip back to the Verizon Wireless store for a check into the screen issue, to determine if the device needs to be replaced.

Re: BlackBerry Storm2 Screen Issues

I have this problem but i cant take it to verizon because im using my phone with t-mobile.

what can i do?

Man Sad

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

neruaxidz wrote:

I have this problem but i cant take it to verizon because im using my phone with t-mobile.

what can i do?

Nothing. You're using an unlocked device on carrier other than the one to which it is branded. The warranty for the device is provided to the original buyer by contract from the carrier. You gave up that right.

Sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code