Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Takes the World by Storm with Verizon Wireless and Vodafone

Isn't anyone from RIM going to own up and take responsibility for this Storm fiasco?  Where is your integrity RIM? Why would you release a clearly unacceptable device and misrepresent it so completely? Why couldn't you have waited to release it when it was truly ready to take the 'World by Storm'? Does it matter to you that CNET recommends a Samsung product over yours and that all the reviews and blogs have decimated the credibility and viability of the 9500 series?

You should be embarrassed, ashamed and someone should be fired for this.  I was in the Verizon store last night, the couple in front of me in line were there to exchange their Storm for something else. Does it matter to you how you have incovenienced the consumer especially during the most stressful season of the year?

I have 15 days left on my 30 day return policy with Verizon.  I am giving you 14 days to get the Storm working as advertised. I would not be surprised if there is not a class action lawsuit for false advertizing and misrepresentation pending.

What could have been..........

LR 

New Contributor

I am pretty much feeling the same as many here.  I have problems with basic operations on the phone.  I have called the verizon call center 8 times in 3 days to find out how much video the phone takes (never to get a specific answer), how to update a contact from an incoming call (which, evendentially, can't be done), etc. the list goes on and one. I am uncertain if I will keep it. I have been happier with phones much cheaper than this.

I am trying not to call it a piece of junk, but I am on the edge of doing it!!

signed,

Severly disguisted

can someone tell how long  Verizon  has it. I would like one but I have sprint
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I have a 4.7.0.75 OS. Is there something I should be warned about ? It seems much faster than my Curve. some glitches in the "Mole game" but apart from that, it just works !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Visitor

I would wait for the clouds to clear before buying the storm.

This was my first experience with Blackberry.  I had heard a lot of good things about their product line.  That was before the storm.

I have tried the storm and discovered it's many flaws as listed.  This is Vista dejavue!!  Understand that the main function is that this is a phone, while the bells and whistles are great they are not its main function.  The bluetooth locks up, it reboots at will and the only response to these issues was to reboot and reinstall factory settings.  I have spent many hours over the last six weeks working on these issues, avoiding accidents while pulling the battery to reboot unit.   Finally I was told that I need to purchase a specific bluetooth that has been approved by Blackberry for the storm.  What they did not know is that one of those recommended bluetooths was the first one I tried before buying another one and receiving a second new storm from Verizon replacing the first defective unit.  Nothing worked!  That is why I returned the phone to verizon and had my old Razor reactivated.

To be honest the only four people I know of that purchased the Storm (each with different needs) have all returned the storm.  As far as I am concerned this unit was never tested properly and rushed to production and why Verizon would have marketed such a product with their reputation on the line just to compete with an iphone is beyond me.  I personally would rather purchase an IPOD and have my business phone separate if it would resolve the issues.  Most people and companies that subscribe to Verizon due so because of the service and coverage which is great.  If anything this will hurt Verizon's reputation.

Good Morning,  The B.B. Storm is my first B.B from verizon.  I have heard good things about Blackberry so I gave it a shot.  I am on my 7th....!!!!! Yes my seventh Brand New Storm since Jan 7 2009.  Junk....!!!!! Way to go.  Tilt screen.  Tilt right but no contact left.  Tilt alittle this way, tilt alot the other way.  Great idea.  Just not very good.  If your ok with a device that just ok.  Get a Storm.  My current Strom, number 7 has worked for the most part I am wait til it freeze or just stop's all together.  .  When is the OS going to be upgraded with Verizon?  Crash...daily.  Problems .... to many to write.  The idea is great, if only the os can be fixed.  I am on my seventh and I expect I will go through another 10 before the bugs are fixed.  At $500 a pop Verizon can eat them all.  I expected better of Blackberry.  So far the Storm is a great idea but just junk.....!!!!  Wait to buy one til Blackberry fixes its product.  Thanks for reading.

Stuck With Junk.....Bronson

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

thank you for your feedback.
Since I got my device in december, I had to remove the battery four times. Apart from that, I'm very happy with the Storm.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: