Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Email Setup

Recently received the new torch. I copied my data from my old Bold to my torch via BlackBerry desktop manager. Everthing worked fine, but for some reason I can't recive or send emails (even though its included in my contract). I tried going on to the setup icon and going to 'email accounts' but for some reason again the email account setting doesn't open. This might be due to the recent dodgy update, but if you know anything or have experienced this please reply.
My Device: Touch
My Carrier: Orange Botswana

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Email Setup

Try the following, soft booth Right+Shift(aA)+Alt+Del or hard booth= pull the battery.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Email Setup

Reset the Torch by pulling the battery for about 10 seconds. Then put the battery back in. Start the phone by pressing the red button just one time for about a 1/2 second.

If your email accounts are properly set up with your provider, and the battery (hard) reset has been done, your emails should work. Past this point, you should get in touch with your carrier.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.