Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: BlackBerry Torch dialling problems

Hi All

Thanks for your help with this, i have now sold the phone i spoke to BB direct total waist of time all the info they gave me was wrong. I think this problem is know about at BB but they do not want to admit its a problem they just blame o2 and o2 say its a hard ware fault. From my hours off calls and research i believe its a hardware fault as the sim works fine in another bb torch and nokia so it cant be o2. I would suggest you sell the phone if you have this fault as you will still get good money for it even with the fault.

Thanks again for your help......... 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If that was the case then you should be able to exchange the device under warranty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodaphone

My wife's Torch has had the same thing. I think I've just resolved it by switching the automatic 2G+3G off. My iphone won't connect to 3G at all at home but hers thought it had full service!!!! Under options somewhere I selected 2G network only and I've now been able to get calls out and in Smiley Happy Regards, Ian
BB 9800 - v6.0.0.246
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

I've got the same problem. The funny thing is that I was given BB torch as a Xmas gift when I was abroad. It was working fine till the moment I have landed in UK. Since then I have "No service currently available"  displayed each time I am trying to make a call. Can't text, can't receive calls. Is it possible it was blacklisted? I bought it on ebay so I can't verify it's past.

Please help

Regards

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yep. Sounds like the handset has been blacklisted.

I have just had this issue with vodafone who blacklisted my phone for no reason and then when called failed to tell me this for 4 days saying all was ok and trying to make me run though pointless resets etc.

Try and call the company (or email) and find out about the phone. U won't be able to lift the ban until u find out the history of the phone - it could have been stolen etc.

Good luck
If i help solve your problem, Click that button to the right of the screen.

Thank you very much.

Rob
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Base (Belgium)

Hi,

Exact same thing happened to me I was using a used 9700 for a couple of weeks everything was fine (BIS, BES, calls, sms) I then roamed in germany for a day, and when I came back to belgium, I got the no service currently available thing.

Argh. I called my provider, and they tell me the phoen is faulty. I tried using the sim in my 8900 and it worked so it has to be deviced related. I will try with a sim from another provider to see wether it is the device or the network.

I also bought it used from ebay from O2 uk.

I guessed this has to be linked with it.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

anyone solved this problem?