Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry Torch is in a Rebooting Loop

Hi all at BB Support, I am new here and bear with me if I mess up Smiley Happy, but my BlackBerry Torch 9800 is in a rebooting loop.  Any help will be appreciated.

Here are details on how it started.

I was downloading an update to an app from the BB App World, and then it started to install (also had a notification that it was installing), then two seconds later, the screen went black.  Later, the LED flashed red and started to boot.  Then, it kept on doing this in a loop.  How can I fix this without deleting all of my stuff on my phone?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BlackBerry Torch is in a Rebooting Loop

Hey gameboy_1995,

Welcome to the forums.

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

Here is how to backup your BlackBerry smartphone http://bbry.lv/oPVWXc

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621

Once completed test it and proceed with selective restore, here is how to restore http://bbry.lv/qgQxLo

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I'm having the same problem but the problem is chronic.  I kept getting the same reboot loop on my previous Torch 9800,  I was reloading software, once a week.  I finally had to take it in for repair when I had to reload the software twice in a weekend.  Bell couldn't repair it, so they gave me a new one. 

I've had the phone less than 24 hours and the same thing happens. I update an app from App World and it gets stuck in the reboot loop. 

All software i have installed are either from App World, Pocketberry App Store and Google (Google Mobile Apps).  Clearly this is a software issue as it keeps happening with different hardware. Can someone help me with this issue?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I have the same problem too, just started today when I updated some apps using App world.

My question to the person who gave a solution earlier is, "how are you supposed to back up your data when you cannot connect to the blackberry desktop because your phone is on a continuous reboot loop?"

Contributor

this advice is useless if your blackberry is stuck in a continuous reboot loop.  It will not connect to the blackberry desktop and therefore there is no way to update the software.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey michaelthorson,

Try following the instructions in the following link with one exception. When you run the Apploader, if your computer can't see your phone on the second screen, remove the battery from your phone. Your phone should reboot again while it's plugged in. Watch for the moment that your PIN shows up and click Next immediately to catch the java software.

The only catch is that unfortunately, you won't have your data, but at least your phone will work again.

Here's the link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Thank you.  This worked perfectly.  I did lose my data, but had a backup from 2 weeks ago so not too dramatic.

Mike

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Excellent!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobily KSA

Dear I had the same problem with my BB torch 9800 right after two days of purchase but I have read from somewhere that if I take out the battery and let the mobile without it for 36 to 48 hour the problem will resolve and I did the same I let the better off out and after 36 hours I put the it back and start the mobile and guess what???

MY MOBILE IS WORKING AS GOOD AS NEW.

Hope it will also help u. :-)

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobily KSA

Dear I had the same problem with my BB torch 9800 right after two days of purchase but I have read from somewhere that if I take out the battery and let the mobile without it for 36 to 48 hour the problem will resolve and I did the same I let the better off out and after 36 hours I put the it back and start the mobile and guess what???
MY MOBILE IS WORKING AS GOOD AS NEW.
Hope it will also help u