Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Torch is in a Rebooting Loop

I've read everyones suggestions and tried to follow them but i am just lost. How or what are you supposed to do any of this if you have a Mac computer? and the reloading software thing doesnt help any because i cant get my blackberry to even connect let alone backup/restore. Just please anyone that can please just let me know what to do this thing is driving me insane

Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

There is Blackberry desktop software for the Mac as well (my wife uses it for her 9800). So download that, then go back to Krypto's solution on the first page, which worked for me (ie, taking out the battery during reboot and then the computer recognizes it). Or, if you have 36-48 hours to wait, try the last solution posted (ie, take out your battery for that period, then try putting it back in). I have not tried it since I fixed mine before that solution was posted, but I would have tried it first since it would have preserved my data, which I lost with the Krypto solution.
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I have this problem.  It started when I was trying to shut down for a flight, and I had to pull the battery so it wouldn't drain it.  So clearly the battery pull did not fix it.  Since then, I have tried leaving battery out overnight, charging the battery several hours to make sure it's not completely dead, reloading the OS 6 from PC with vista (tried multiple USB ports, not hubs), reloading OS 6 from laptop with windows 7 (used 2 different ports), deleting and reloading desktop manager to both computers and trying again, multiple variations of trying loader with and without battery or pulling and replacing battery during the reboot loop, tried with and without SIM card, with and without miniSD card.  I've also tried command nojvm (twice).  I've tried with security software disabled, with all other programs off.  Sometimes it says PIN UNKNOWN, sometimes it displays my PIN.  It always gets through software erase and download step, but always reboots again multiple times during the initialization phase.  Nothing seems to work.  Now during the reboot loop, there is nothing on the screen.  Initially, it was a black screen with blackberry and a loading bar that never progressed any further than maybe 5% before shutting down.  It will show the battery x'ed out if I pull it when plugged in.  It will show the battery is charging if I replace it.  I just cannot get past the initialization with the loop starting again.  What else is there I can try??    Everyone keeps telling me to give up and get and iphone.  It's not the crackberry way!  Somebody help!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: U.S.Cellular

Did anyone try this? I'm having the same problem and I don't want to lose my data on my curve 9330 because it has .rem files I want to bring back. I have the same problem posted above except my phone was previously wiped and I have a few rem files that I'd like to bring back. Any ideas on what to do?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: U.S.Cellular

Oh and by "try this" I meant pulling the battery for 36 to 48 hours.