Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Torch movie audio sync issues and lag

Anyone have this issue where by after a short time watching a movie the audio appears to lag out and the sync of sound to lips is way out. Also the picture appears to stutter and lag????? Anyone have the same issue and or know to rectify this?? The files work fine on my mac but when on the Blackberry they have this issue. Its quite annoying so anyone with a fix or solution thats had the same issues PLEASE lemme know how i can sort it. Many thanks 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BlackBerry Torch movie audio sync issues and lag

Hi RADIKAL69

If you are watching a movie, I would recommend ensuring no other applications are running (aside from the core apps such as Messages, Home, Phone, BBM and Browser).  You can do this by holding the menu key to see which apps are running and going into each one to close them by holding the back button, or by pressing Menu>Close/Exit.  Also, for best performance, turn off all network connections.

If the BlackBerry is processing your movie and trying to process other tasks in the background, this could cause lag in the audio sync.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi there
Many thanks for this I will try it out. Will then accept as solution if successful! Thanku for responding to my thread.
RADIKAL69
Retired

Great! Let us know how it works out for you!

-CptS

Contributor

Hi SweatPants

I tried the below from what you have recomended on a random movie on my blackberry torch during lunch and that appears to be working fine! (watched nearly 50 mins worth of it no probs)

The test will be when i get home and put back on there the movie file where i have been having the issues with and if that works then id say the solution has been found thanks to you and i will update you once ive tested this out this eve!

Only thing is i guess whilst turning all these connections off i wont get any calls or txts etc during watching the movie? no big deal as id rather have no lip sync issues rather than be interupted during my film

Thanks again

Update to follow is solution fully sucessful on problem movie file.........

RADIKAL69

Retired

You could just turn your data services off and that way you will still receive phone calls.  Sending and receiving data will affect the processing of the video more than being able to receive phone calls. 

You can do this by going to Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options and changing the Data Services options to Off.  Just make sure to turn it back on when you're done your movie! Smiley Happy

-CptS

Contributor

Hi Sweatpants

Your a legend!!!!!

This works and even on the movie file i had the issue with

Thank you sir

I will accept this now as the solution

P.s Is there any way BlackBerry is looking in to a way of a fix or update where by u dont have to do this when watching a movie ie turning off all connections in order to make the BlackBerry fast enough to process the movie file without causing the lip audio sync issues ive experienced???? Id be interested to know so if you can let me know

But thanks again for coming back and responding to my thread

Please confirm you have received this response to your suggestion...............

RADIKAL69

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

there is a way : buy a more powerful device (more CPU, higher frequency). There are three Torch devices that have been released in the past month, they will progressively replace your current 9800.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

There is that option yes - i will have to wait 24 months before i can upgrade my torch to the latest one, in the meantime turning off all connections while watching a movie is a temporary measure. Untill they do a firmware update to sort the issue. Allthough saying that I watched a movie on my torch the other day with all connections on and this film didnt have the above stated issues. It may be just dependent on the file thats put on the phone perhaps

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

well I have never had any issues with my 9520 that was released before the 9800. or with my 9530. Or my 8310. I think it is specific to some people.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: