Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Torch phone...

...with both a touchscreen and slide-out keyboard.

My question is THIS - WHY is Blackberry ONLY marketing it through AT&T? Are they dumping Sprint (my carrier) and others? What's going on.

I'm very fond of my Blackberry, but if they're "abandoning ship" to go exclusively with AT&T on all new phones, I shan't be joining them. I won't leave Sprint just for a phone, no matter how much I like it.

Needless to say, this "only AT&T" thing is worrisome.

Does anyone know?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Torch phone...

My guess is that ATT paid a large amount of money for "exclusive."  I'm not surprised as they did this with the iPhone too. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Classic, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

I am very disapointed about the ATT exclusivity selling the Torch as well. WTF, why such a stupid step from RIM? I am on T-Mobile and I was waiting for Torch, but it looks like I will not get it soon. I really thing about seriously to switch to Android....

My Device: Tour 9630

If I'm going to AT&T I'm getting an iPhone.  I love my Blackberry but if I'm going to a crappy network, I'm going to get a good phone.  Even then, why would I leave unlimited everything to go to AT&T where you can no longer get unlimited data???  This is a bad move for RIM.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

AT&T's exclusive rights to carry the Torch expire in two years...........if you care to wait. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I would wait, anyway, for several reasons.

I am hesitant to jump on any brand new bandwagon, be it car, or smartphone. When I was eyeing Palm PRE, I knew I wanted to wait at least 1 year to make sure major bugs were out of it. Ditto for Blackberry Torch.

My new (2 year) contract (renewal) got me my Blackberry Curve for $49.00 - so I have to wait 2 years before I upgrade, anyway, and I just got my Blackberry Curve and love it.

I am less concerned with jumping on the Blackberry  Torch bandwagon and was more concerned about them doing the "exclusively AT&T" thing. I still think it stinks! I mean 3 other major carriers, and they go with the one who cannot cope with iPhone?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The 9800 will work on Tmobile.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re link you sent "This account has been suspended."

But I am not Verizon HTC anyway.  I am Sprint, but thanks.

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Check out youtube on BB Torch.

AT&T and Blackberry supposedly designed this phone together.

New Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: AT&T GoPhone

There are a bunch of Sprint customers who would like to have a Torch like phone:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/39803