Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Tour contacts synchronize with MAC Address Book but contacts not searchable on device.

I have roughly over 500 contacts stored in my Address Book on the mac.  When I synchronize my blackberry Tour or my Bold using the new desktop manager for ma.  The contacts transfer over to the device beautifully, with one problem the contacts are not searchable.  I can see all the contacts, read them, all the fields are correct as far as name, number, etc.  But when I type in a character to search for a name nothing comes up.  If I go in and edit one contact for example remove a letter and then re-add then the contact becomes searchable. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon. Anyone else seeeing this.  I tried with an older blackberry running the 4.5 OS and it works fine.
New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Tour contacts synchronize with MAC Address Book but contacts not searchable on device

I have exactly the same problem - thought I had a faulty Bold but the replacement has done exactly the same thing when syncing using Blackberry Desktop for Mac v1.0. Same situation - 500+ contacts from Address book - all copied but not searchable on the device. Using OS 4.6.0.247

Anyone know the best solution for fixing it?

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Tour contacts synchronize with MAC Address Book but contacts not searchable on device

I'm having the exact same problem with my BB Tour and 500+ contacts are not searchable!

Running OSX v10.5.8 on Intel Core 2 Duo iMac syncing using BlackBerry Desktop for Mac v1.0

New Contributor

This problem for the moment is solved for me & my contacts are now searchable. 

The problem corrected itself after I removed the BB battery & rebooted.

I haven't yet attempted to re-sync with my iMac...... am leaving well enough alone for awhile until hopefully this bug is corrected.

same problem as well. has the reset/remove battery idea worked for anyone else, b/c it didn't seem to do the trick for me...thanks.

New Contributor

I tried the battery pull thing and that did not seem to work for me either.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem with my Bold9700 and the mac sync. This is very annoying, and i am not sure if anybody was able to solve it. reboot did not work. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Found it. 

Go into your BlackBerry Address book
Hold down the Alt key and type "rbld" The address book will then be re-indexed which should allow it to search properly.

I found this solution on another website. so the credit goes out to them. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

[ Edited ]

I spent some time looking for that....thanks for posting!  I don't have the issue, but was trying to give some advice for someone who was.

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
New Contributor

Thanks Roland

That worked perfectly for me.

It would be nice now for Blackberry to see if they can fix the bug - maybe a software update on the handheld might fix it.