Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BlackBerry Travel and Calendar Sync dates in Outlook

Here's a suggestion for the developers. There should be some smarts regarding how all-day calendar events  are created using Calendar Sync. The current behavior is that the all-day calendar event starts on the outbound flight date and ends the day before the return flight. So if I have a one-day trip my phone/Outlook calendar shows an all-day event on the day of departure which in some cases does not make sense and also lacks an all-day event on the return date when I'm coming home on an evening flight.

I would suggest the following. For outbound flights in the morning (before 10 am for instance, or maybe noon), that day would get an all-day event. If I have an afternoon or certainly an evening flight, it does not make sense to have an all-day event in the calendar that day. On the return side, a similar logic could be applied, maybe based on the flight arrival time. A morning flight arrival would not get an all-day event in that day while an afternoon or evening arrival would.

I running 1.0.350.99 on a Bold 9780. I've got Calendar Sync enabled and we running a BESx with Outlook 2007 server.