Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700 - V 5.0.0.344 - plattform 5.1.0.96
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Re: BlackBerry device password does not work with USB Device Password to connect to laptop

Thank you for your posting.

Be sure that I havn't posted the original device Nr. - it was just an example.

My pin on the phone is xxxx. I have disabled it

ongoing I can't get in the Destop Manager via USB from the PC. The window just doesn't except the device pin.

Thank you for further advice.

nimbinwolfgang

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BlackBerry device password does not work with USB Device Password to connect to laptop

The Desktop Manager isn't asking for the device's PIN, just the password. Does your device have a security password?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

did you find the solution to your problem becasue i'm having the exact same problem with the 0 in my password

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

will that work if you have a 0 in the password

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

missberrybaby, are you trying to connect to the PC and you're getting a password request?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Is your device a full QWERTY keyboard, or a suretype like the Pearl?

If it's a suretype you may be inputting a "space" character. Have you tried both a 0 and a "space" if that's the case?

If you're using a full keyboard and "0" isn't being accepted can you try changing your password to, say the letter "a" and see if it works?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: 8800
My Carrier: Telstra

The Answer is very clear

The Device password is the same password that you use to lock the phone and unlock the phone.

It is not the 4 digit PIN that you use to unlock the SIM card in your blackberry

It is not the Alpha numeric PIN of Blackberry

The issue is to clearly map the keys that you press in blackberry to your computer key board.

for instance if you are pressing alt and k on your BB key board that actual key you need to choose in computer key board is the key to the left of Enter key(')...

so when you work with the desktop manager of BB using a laptop or any form computer, if you are prompted to put in a device password to access desktop manager you use your device password and press the mapped keys from BB on the computer.

Hope this helps. i had the same problem and i just have sorted that out

regards

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700 - V 5.0.0.344 - plattform 5.1.0.96
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Thank you mate. First I didn't really understand what you meant. After I got it it was successful. I am only sad because I lost all my data's, as I didn't know the rest wipes all out.

Thanks again

nimbinwolfgang

My Device: Not Specified

hey there, i had the exact same problem. you know how your keyboard on ur phone has numbers 1=w 2=e 3=r 4=s and so on/? say u have a number password on ur phone and its 2574... ur black berrry device reads it as its letters instead of numbers, so when u type it into the computer, u would have to type in "edzs" instead of the numbers 2574. hope it helps u out... or another way to get out of it promting u for a password is unplug ur usb from the computer and the phone and take ur password setting off untill u are complete ur process on the computer, in which u may change back manually when u are done. hope i was of  some help! Good luck!!

Visitor
My Device: 8900

I cannot get into my phone to take off the password setting