Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold
My Carrier: rogers

Re: BlackBerry device password does not work with USB Device Password to connect to laptop

hi my password is 7717 what should i type? its my last try

My Device: 9630
My Carrier: airtel

Re: BlackBerry device password does not work with USB Device Password to connect to laptop

I HAVE A BB 9630 HANDSET ,BUT I HAVE NOT KNOW IT'S PASSWORD FOR USB CONNECT TO MY DESKTOP
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hsbhamra wrote:
I HAVE A BB 9630 HANDSET ,BUT I HAVE NOT KNOW IT'S PASSWORD FOR USB CONNECT TO MY DESKTOP

It's the very exact same password as on your handheld device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

wow it worked.  Thanks for post, we learn something new everyday

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I have a similar problem but with a playbook which currently has no login password...Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated?

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: globe

I have the same problem  and experienced the same issue..  I even type in a text boxmy password, copied it and paste it.. but ends to be still an incorrect password.

But after so many tries and attempts within 2 hours... I figured out .. that I should type the way i typed in my blackberry device to my laptop.. 

Say, If my password is 1234 in my device.. its the same as typing WERS right? so if you're in your laptop.. you have to type W E R S not 1234.. and bwola... your problem is RESOLVED...

My Device: BB 9220
My Carrier: 9349925666

when u set the password u might have set numbers without using shift key, resulting in corresponding alphabetic values, for example '1234' results in 'wers', each time u enter it in BB phone it works as u r not using the shift key , but when u use it in a pc it is different , so if its 1234, type wers in pc to get it accepted

Exactly! Just as has been explained in detail successfully by several users in this thread. 

Glad you got it sorted out. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 0

my password is 2980 what should i type at my laptop?coz iam at the last attemp many thanks

OK, hold on.

So, do you RECALL every ON your BlackBerry first pressing the ALT key when entering the 2980?

If you did first press ALT + 2980,. then your actual password should be "2cx0" (that is a zero on the end.)

How do you recall entering the password?

If you NEVER press the ALT key, your passworld should be: ecx0 (again a zero on the end).

Knowledge Base Updates