Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry's light keeps flashing but won't turn on?

Okay my phone which is the Bold 9000 has been having problems lately.

About just under a week ago it kept turning off and  didn't know why. The only way I could keep it on was by holding the back. I then realized the battery wouldn't stay in place because either the battery or my back was loose. Anyway, for the mean time I put cellotape around it to hold it in place and it worked a dream. It worked almost perfectly until today. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was off, I thought it was just my back coming loose again so I adjusted it and tightened it.

It still wouldn't turn on so I pulled the battery out and placed it back in. The light came on as though it was about to turn on. The light stayed on for about ten to fifteen seconds then flashed twice and it carried on flashing until I let the back loose.

Thinking it might just be my battery dying when I got home I charged it, but yet again all it did was flash. It's been on charge for three hours now and it's still the same.. I've tried taking the sim out, and the battery and leaving them out.. nothing is changing it.

I can't plug it into my computer because I don't have a plug in for it, only a mains charger.. and as it's an old blackberry it has a different charger to every othe one.

I really can't be affording to pay for another one.. should I just try buying a new battery or do you think my phone's gone for good?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BlackBerry's light keeps flashing but won't turn on?

Hello smooshed, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would suggest trying a new battery to see if that correct your issue. If that does not work then you will want to get a USB cord so you can reload the BlackBerry device software. Let us know if you get a cord and we can give you the instructions. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!