Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

BlackBerry smartphone support for private keys and certificates

Hi,

I need to send / receive encrypted emails with my client. It works without any problems with the client's email system and my laptop (Outlook), but on my (private/BIS) blackberry I receive only the message header with an smime.p7m attachment.

I have installed the BB smime support app and can see the certifcates I am using / have received in the BB desktop application. But the attempt to synchronise the certificates fails; I get an error message the the certificate cannot be downloaded because it is on a smart card. 

On my BB (Torch 9800) I can see the certificate, but with a question mark and the comment 'unknown chain status'.

How can I go forward? Issue is urgent.

Many thx

Loxten

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry smartphone support for private keys and certificates

Hey Loxten,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To use S/MIME with the BlackBerry® smartphone the BlackBerry® smartphone must be activated to a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, S/MIME is not supported with BlackBerry® Internet Service.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Re: BlackBerry smartphone support for private keys and certificates

Hey Hatchback,

thanks for your reply, though the content is disappointing. I am a consultant and work as a freelancer - no option to use BB Enterprise Services, as I do not have my own mail server. So I belong to the target group of private users though my requirements are professional ones.

Regards Loxten