Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry storm sucks

I bought a BlackBerry storm in february and it was the worst investment by far I have ever bought! Its slow, it locks up all the time, the camera turns itself on sometimes for no reason...the problems are endless. I was still under my 3 month warranty and they wouldn't even let me downgrade to a bold or something. Horrible customer service. I'm thinking my next buy is gonna be an Iphone!
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry storm sucks

You still have it?

Do you feel like getting some of the problems resolved, or are you just taking your opportuinity voice your displeasure?

Users here can be helpful to you if desire the former, but you will require A) an open mind B) willingness to resolve the issues, and C) some humility to ask for help.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Kbernard wrote:
it was the worst investment by far I have ever bought!

Your shopping history must be rather short.  

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

Verizon told me that if I tried a phone out and didn't like it, there would be a $35 restocking fee to get a different phone.  When I returned my Storm, they didn't charge a fee, because they put my old phone back in service instead of me getting some other new phone.

I may very well be buying the Storm again soon (I just saw a Storm with 113 on it, which addressed one of my main complaints).  I want to make sure that the Pre comes out within the 30 day  trial period this time, because if it's as cool as I expect/hope, we might want to get that instead.  The main reason I want to rebuy the Storm is the screen brightness--no phone I saw at the V store today had as bright a screen as the BB's.

Dave

I would like a downgrade from the blackberry storm... like a bold or something more user friendly and without soooo many flaws. However if i'm stuck with this thing then I guess I don't much of a choice then to try anything to make it worth what I payed for it lol. That is until I get too fed up and switch phone providers
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Just out of curiousity, which OS (operating system) are you running on your phone?  Most users are finding that when they upgrade their OS, their phone is like night and day (especially with the last leak and the official Bell update released in Canada (version 4.7.0.122)).  While I know that Verizon hasn't issued any new OS updates since December, some people have tried beta OSes that have been leaked.  The overall experience is much improved.  If absolutely nothing else, I think that this means that you will be a lot happier with your phone once the official update is released.  Take from this what you will...

(If you'd like to search the forums, I'm sure you'll find some additional information that will help).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you feel like getting some of the problems resolved, or are you just taking your opportuinity voice your displeasure?

Users here can be helpful to you if desire the former, but you will require A) an open mind B) willingness to resolve the issues, and C) some humility to ask for help.

Exclellent post. that should go down in a support forum training manual for teaching the proper reaction to a "rant" post.

Message Edited by captainhaddock on 05-05-2009 04:17 PM
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

Voicing one's displeasure with a product can be cathartic.  Give the guy a break.  Smiley Happy
Dave
Highlighted
New Contributor

No one's being mean, Dave. We're tryignto help him find a better way of voicing his displeasure and possibley even get some p2p help with issues.
Contributor

Well, I have to agree with the first post.  I have had my Storm since December, replacing it once for the dust under the screen and for the screen becoming hard to click .  The screen on the second one I have now doesn't click that great either.  I have tried the leaked OS .90 then went back to the .75 and have had it for the last 4 months.  I just within the last 2 days upraded to the leaked .141/ 5.0 hybrid because I was getting so fed up with not getting any official updates.  I am not sure what some of the posters that try all the leaked OS see in them.  Maybe it is me, but,  I cannot see any break through difference, other than the camera seems to click much faster with the OS  .141/5.0hybrid.   I am wondering if any new OS will make the Storm a decent device?  I find it very frustrating trying to access anything on the internet, trying to highlight when I want to copy something(fingers too big?), and the general click, click, click, click, to completely close an operation so that the phone will not bog down when trying to run a different operation.  I have had my Storm just stop functioning and freeze up when trying to do more than one thing at a time.  Just today, I was trying to access "mycheckfree.com" to view my utility bill.  It took me at least 30 minutes to try to access the necessary pages, and get logged on(via the Storm's internet access).  After finally getting to the page, it would load, but would not display any information.  A wasted 30 minutes even though the phone showed the 1XEV in the screen.  I read this forum and Crackberry forums regularly, but do not post very often.  I am not a wiz using this Storm, as it is my first BlackBerry device, so I don't like trying to do all these leaked updates and tricks like some others do.  I am stuck with a 2 year contract with Verizon so probably will have to stick it out unless they put out a Storm 2 that runs as fast and smooth as my son's iphone SOON and let me exchange for little cost.  The Storm 2 will probably come out before they get any new OS out that can make my Storm work decently.  If nothing improves when my contract ends, then I will probably go back to AT&T with some other type phone.