Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry warranty

Hello there!

My name is Vanessa, and I purchased a BlackBerry 9300 on September 2010.

About a few months the rubber around it started to tear, specially the silence button and around the camera button.

I contacted the retailer (Fnac) and they told me that I had to pay about 120€ to fix it. 

Since the device is still on warranty, I wanted to know if there's no way the reparation is covered by warranty.

Best regards,

Vanessa

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry warranty

Hello!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Thank you so much, sdgardne! Although you couldn't help me with what I wanted, you gave me really useful information about how to solve my problem. 

Again, thank you,

Vanessa

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome...enjoy!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: WIND

hi,

I'm an italian customer Blackberry and I have always had this type of smartphone (for working reason - I'm an hold customer of BB product Smiley Happy ).

I kindly ask support about a solution of a problem with a BB (phone bought new) but unfortunately the store didn't want to replace it under warranty (the smartphone doesn't work) - it is considered unrepairable (strange thing from my point of view).

Anyway I want to underline that I have also a regular contract with Italian Operator (WIND) and the phone is still under warranty (regular invoice).

It has been about 6 month and of course I involved the point of sale but no solution until now.

If it is necessary I can provide you all the documentation but I want to underline again the urgency and the needs to have a phone for work reason. Sicerely I ask you support for solve this kind of problem.....

ciao

fabio

Hall of Famer III

nfab80 wrote:

hi,

I'm an italian customer Blackberry and I have always had this type of smartphone (for working reason - I'm an hold customer of BB product Smiley Happy ).

I kindly ask support about a solution of a problem with a BB (phone bought new) but unfortunately the store didn't want to replace it under warranty (the smartphone doesn't work) - it is considered unrepairable (strange thing from my point of view).

Anyway I want to underline that I have also a regular contract with Italian Operator (WIND) and the phone is still under warranty (regular invoice).

It has been about 6 month and of course I involved the point of sale but no solution until now.

If it is necessary I can provide you all the documentation but I want to underline again the urgency and the needs to have a phone for work reason. Sicerely I ask you support for solve this kind of problem.....

ciao

fabio

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please carefully re-read post 2 above. Also, notice this information published at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site is not a channel for any communications with, support from, nor escalation to BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. So, as Post 2 describes, your escalation channel is not here...but, rather, with whatever entities you are already dealing with.

I have heard, in the past, reports of folks in similar situations involving their local consumer protection agencies -- indeed, simply saying (to their warranty support entity) that they were going to do so resulted in a more positive response. I cannot tell you if that will work for you, nor can I tell you what your relevant agencies are...I only relay this as a course of action that I recall others to have taken, with a positive result in their case.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: WIND

Hi, thanks for the feedback; but in practise how I can solve the problem in order to have a BB that works???
Hall of Famer III

If you feel you have a warranty-level issue, and if your warranty remains active, then you seek support from whoever it is that provides your warranty service. Typically, that is the original place of purchase, your mobile service provider, or an authorized service center -- but, since I don't have access to your original device purchase contract, I can't tell you who your specific warranty service provider is nor what the terms of your specific warranty are. So I can't be any more specific for you than that...for the contract you have dictates what is in place for you, and I have no ability to see that contract.

If, upon first contact with them, you are not satisfied, then you escalate with them...asking for the Manager of the person you are speaking with, then their Manager, and on up their line.