Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Blackberry 7.1 operating system

Good morning,

Just a quick query if I may?

With the introduction of the new Blackberry Z10,Z30,Q10,Q5 etc all with the new operating system I was under the impression that my BB9900 with the current operating system would soon be coming to an end, especially when it appears to be missing from many outlets now. However I see that BB have released a new phone the BB 9720 which has the same operating system as my BB9900. Does this mean that my phone albeit only a year old may still get future updates and therefore the operating system is going to remain for some time to come? (I like my BB9900 and somewhat reluctant to change!)

Thank you.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 7.1 operating system

Yes, OS7 has not yet reached end of life for users and will continued to be updated for probably another year or more, BlackBerry has not announced any date on this.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Blackberry 7.1 operating system

Thank you for your reply, with the apparent uncertainty of BB I'm somewhat reluctant to change at this time.
Regards.