Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 7230
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry 7230

just been given the O2 Blackberry 7230, got Sim OK , got Registered OK, got onto the Internet OK, Downloaded Instuction Manual and Desktop Manager OK, I`m on I.E.7 as my O.S. and have Talk Talk as my I.S.P. When I try to connect the phone to the Desktop Manager, I get the message UNRECOGNISED DEVICE and nothing I can do will let me in. Can anyone help me with this Problem please.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 7230

You do realize the 7230 has been end of line for about eight years?

Try using an older version of Desktop Manager, something of v4 or so.

Earlier versions of the Desktop Software are located here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html#post1744114

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Tried that ,but the site keeps telling me that my Phone Number is Incorrect, It`s not, I took it from the Phone, and Yeh I know that it`s an old model, but then so am I. To me this is cutting edge technology

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

maxbeare wrote:

Tried that ,but the site keeps telling me that my Phone Number is Incorrect, It`s not, I took it from the Phone, and Yeh I know that it`s an old model, but then so am I. To me this is cutting edge technology

What site tells you that?

Also, what is it that you're trying to do once connected to the Desktop Manager?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for all your help today by the way. I would like to download pictures to use as wallpaper, dwnload music etc. Everything else works really well,e-mails, facebook, internet site, well just about everything really, it`s certainly a upgrade on my old " Steby connecting to computer.am Driven " one ! just would like to finish it off