Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8100

Blackberry 8100 - Software upgrade

Hello there!

I've been trying to get some help online on how to upgrade the software version on my blackberry 8100, currently I'm running version 4.2.1.108, I URGENTLY NEED to know which one is the latest and how to upgrade to it. PLEASE HEEEELP!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 8100 - Software upgrade

[ Edited ]

Here ya go.  Follow the instructions exactly and you should have no problem.  You'll need a data plan, though, to upgrade to OS 4.5.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/217062-latest-os-8100-4-5-0-306...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: Telcel

I said yes to the upgrade alert that showed the first time I ran the desktop software. It did all normal stuff for downloading and when done, the phone turned off and a red light started blinking, very slowly. That was yesterday noon. It's been less than 24 hours later and still the same. I tried taking the battery out, the SIM out, changing the SIM, re-charging, plugging to my computer again with the software running and nothing. I found a forum that says it's a nuked blackberry...I have important info on it, I need it back, not so much the phone that is almost 2 years old.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Ugh.  Why didn't you just follow the instructions I gave? I don't like the automatic updates.  That's why I gave you the instructions I did. 

Did the device get through a backup before dying?  It usually saves them in My Documents and they will say LoaderBackup (date).ipd.

You may be able to save the device with the following:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

and if that doesn't work, try this:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

If you get the device to a white screen with a small icon in the center and "Error 507" then go ahead and follow the instructions I posted to begin with.  AFter the OS gets loaded then you can use DM to restore the backup.  if it didn't get a backup made then your data is gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
My Device: blackberry
My Carrier: 8100

sh riyet