Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: VZW

Blackberry 8130 Bricked, any idea's?

I know this issue has been posted over and over, but i've scoured the internet and havent found anything that works yet. I've got an 8130 that has a 507 error. I bought the phone as a temp phone and a backup, and it worked for about 20 min today until I tried to update the software on it. It gets to waiting for device to initialize, the phone turns on and comes up with a 507 error. It then continues to connect and disconnect from the USB.

Heres what I've tried:

I'm not connecting the phone using a hub, its going straight into the PC's motherboard on all machines used.

I've adjusted all USB ROOT HUB settings on all machines used.

Attempted to wipe with JL_Cmder on a win 7 and xp machine but neither seemed to work. It would say connecting to device, then return to the main screen. Error log shows nothing.

I deleted the Vendor file and searched for others on all machines used

I attmped to use bbsak but it couldnt connect to the phone

Doest matter if i use loader, or loader with /NOJVM i get the same results

I've tried using BBDM 7.1 and 4.5 as well as uninstalling and reinstalling along with rebooting

I've tried a million different combos with battery in, battery out, etc.

Battery has been charging for a few hours so it should be good

I'm pretty sure the phone is bricked and beyond repair, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any other ideas.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Blackberry 8130 Bricked, any idea's?

nope,
try checking with a local repair shop or your carrier?
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi