Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8130 lots of problems- send it blackberry for replacement?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and blackberry in general.  Let me start out by saying I love my pearl when it works.  I have taken my phone back to where I purchased it and they are telling me that they can send it out and get me another one (refurbished), which I said no too as mine is only 6 months old.  The lady that was trying to help said that I can contact blackberry since it is still under warranty and they may send me a new one and I would send them the one I currently have. 

I have done several of the steps that I have seen posted, from updating to deleting and restoring and turning it off taking the battery out, etc. and I still have the same problems and they are:

The hour glass will appear and I can not do anything, I have to take the battery out to get it to reset.

I lose my call log and my texting.

The phone shuts down on it own.

I can be sitting in a room with several people and we are chatting using bb mess and I do not see my messages. (They have the same carrier and we have the same service).

The list goes on, any way just wanted to know if anyone as done the exchange with blackberry and how it worked and if it was a new phone or refurbished?

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry 8130 lots of problems- send it blackberry for replacement?

Hi and welcome to the Forums!

Just my opinion but I would hassle the carrier until you get a new one.

I wouldn't take a chance on a refurbished one. Like I said..Just my opinion

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks, I do keep going in there 2 and 3 times a week (and I make them note it on my account) that is how I finally heard about the exchange through blackberry. The lady there said she was not sure exactly how it worked going through blackberry, just wondering if anyone has done this and if they got a new phone.

First of all let me start by saying I am no expert on this phone.  I've only had it a few months but have been experiencing the same problems as you as well as other's that I have seen on this forum.  After trying all the advice, cleaning out the cache, pulling battery, etc...I finally found what worked for me.  I purchased a media card, figured out how to have everthing automatically store on the card and then transferred any pic and videos I had on the phone.  I did that a week ago and it hasn't given me any problems since.

I was ready to throw mine in the trash but I love it once again...good luck.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Tigervtx,

I appreciate your input, but in all of those posts, there are directions in keeping media separate on a media card.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi everyone, thanks again, but believe it or not I actually purchased my media card when I purchased the phone and have it setup for everything to go right to my media card, and I still have these problems.
My Device: 8130 Pearl

I signed up for this site to see if others where having these same issues with the 8130. Both myself and my boyfriend have this phone and we both have these issues daily! I tried to change my phone due to this before the 30 day period and my carrier Alltel would not do so. My boyfriend now has to carry a Razor to make sure he does not miss important calls, and I am just SOL.

Rosanne Martin