Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8320 not receiving emails

My blackberry has been giving me problems with not receiving emails on and off for the past 3 1/2 weeks. I have nothing stored on the phone, everything is stored to the memory card. I have been to my service provider and they replaced the device and reset all of the settings and it worked for about 5 days and have stopped working again. The device keeps searching for the messages (arrows in the right hand corner) are constantly going and it kills the battery after a while, as no messages are being delivered to the device.

My service provider contacted Blackberry support one week ago and they said that the pin is getting locked up on their server and the messages are not being delivered to my device. They reset it and it worked for approx. 3 days and now it's gone again. After contacting Blackberry support again today they are saying that it's a problem with their server and they are unsure how to fix it.  Does anyone else have a similar problem, or if anyone knows to fix this problem, please let me know.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry 8320 not receiving emails

HI and welcome to the forums!

Can you tell me what email service you are using?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Cable & Wireless.

I live in the Cayman Islands.

I have since had to have them replace the device and we did not add on facebook nor yahoo address, as it seems to be creating a problem with the device.

New Contributor

I have an 8310 and i am having exactly the same problem. I have not been able to get any emails and my battery is discharging very fast as the arrows keep searching.

did you find any solution to your problem?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Lavinia,

Did that resolve the problem?

If you need more information, please ask! 

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star. 

Just check the post that had your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: T-Mobile Curve 8320

I am having the exact same problem too! Has anyone found a solution?
New Contributor

Everytime I download Facebook on my blackberry it works for a couple of hours and then for some reason it stops emails from being forwarded to the handheld. and as soon as I delete the application the messages pour in. Not sure if this helps but it has worked for me ever since.
Highlighted
Contributor

Finally a solution that worked!! T-Mobile and Customer Care unfortunately were not able to assist, but Research in Motion(RIM) the manufacturer of my phone solved the email problem! Apparently, the older version of facebook causes conflicts with reception of emails.  You need to go into your Options, Advanced Options, then Applications, then choose Facebook.  Click the menu key, and then select modules, then scroll all the way down your list until you see "net_rim_bb_facebook".  Beside it you will see the version number.  You need to have version 1.2.0.35

If you have an earlier version, delete Facebook.  When you delete it you will be prompted to restart your phone.  When you restart, the facebook icon will be on your phone's "desktop."  Click on it, and it will take you to the website so you can download the new version.

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

all mine says is 1.2.0  is this the updated facebook? have been having a problem myself with receiving notifications. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I'm not too sure. Just to be safe, I'd go ahead and delete your Facebook and reinstall.  Good luck and hope it works for you cath!