Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8520 - User Tools won't install - going CRAZY

Hello there,

I have recently purchased (yesterday in fact) a Blackberry Curve 8520 Smartphone and I cannot for the life of me get the User Tools software to install.

I am using a Dell XPS M1530 on Vista and should have no problem meeting the software requirements but still it does not load. i insert the CD and auto-run appears but upon clicking it the program refuses to load. It just pauses as if the computer cannot read the CD (my computer however has no problem reading CDs so this is not the case). I really am at a loss here and it is just driving me crazy. I have seen some other smilar posts though none seem to share the same probelm with this model of phone as I do.

Please please please help!

Thank you,

Matt

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry 8520 - User Tools won't install - going CRAZY

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Not Specified

Dear Matt,

I was just had the same problem, yet different product (BB Tour 9630)

But I somehow can choose to "explore" the CD, so I just browsed it and I found "BlackBerrySetup.exe".

So, if u can, don't "auto-run" the CD, but "explore" it instead, then click folder "files" -> "exec" -> "bbinstaller" -> then click "BlackBerrySetup.exe"

I haven't tried it on Vista though, but it work fine in my XP. So good luck, and I just hope this could help.

Best regard,

bcdf 

My Device: Curve 8520 smartphone
My Carrier: Virgin

I am having the same problem. I have seen the reply you have already received but don't dare try all that. I am a pensioner and not very proficient on my PC. My Blackberry worked when I first inserted my Virgin Simcard but is now refusing to connect for calls saying that the only available network is Orange. When buying a phone online I am not sure how to get help!

My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

i need help installing my users tools cd

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

joekingmusic wrote:

i need help installing my users tools cd

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, with that tiny bit of information, it's pretty challenging to provide you anything useful. What do you try? What happens? Details and exactness will keep us from guessing.

Also, above in this thread, there are several potentially helpful things to do...have you read that yet?

Good luck and let us know

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................