02-10-2013 04:20 AM
My Blackberry 8520, has a battery with red x and loading bar, the led light stays red and the loading bar goes 3/4 of the way through then stops. i cant reinstall the os because bb desktop manager doesn't recongnise it as a phone unless its turnt on. ive been searching for days and i have no idea what to do.
can someone help please
02-10-2013 06:31 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
First arrange a good fully charged battery and then try this Knowledge Base to recover your device :
KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
02-10-2013 06:35 AM
Then please try the above KB and let us know of your progress .
02-10-2013 06:52 AM
Are you using the main USB or using any USB hub , if still does not work then you can try a different method , for that follow this :
( Credit JSanders )
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.BlackBerry desktop software
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
Try it and let us know .
02-10-2013 07:03 AM
I think you have a major Hardware issue within your device , as a last resort you can try this , if it fails then you have to contact your Service provider or any repair shop look for any repair Options :
KB27956 :How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state